I'm New to this...

utepmom
on 4/18/07 4:22 am - Kyle, TX
This is my first post here and I am looking for friends to help me with my journey to successful weight loss. I have the support of my kids and my ex, but my family(mother, sisters and brother) are totally against this and think that I will kill myself. I don't have much contact with them anymore and would like to have someone other than my ex to talk to. So here is a little about me: In 2003, I had a stroke that rendered me somewhat disabled. I have use of my body, but the mind is a little shaky. When I received my disability, my doctor told me not to live alone, and my family could not take me and my kids. So my ex-husband offered his house. At first I was very leary, but we have been making this work now for almost a year. Since I no longer work I fill my time with jewelry making, quilting, crocheting and well......eating. I tend to eat emotionally and when I am watching TV. I am working on that, but it is really hard. Since I was accepted for the surgery(still don't have a surgery date), I have been talking to a counselor who works with people who have eating disorders. I just started so things are still new and adjusting is hard. Before my stroke, I wore many hats. I was a single mom, administrative secretary, religious education teacher, and volunteer Firefighter. With the execption of being a mom, the best hat I wore was the firefighter one. I don't remember much, but I have a plaque for being "Firefighter of the year" so I must have really enjoyed it. I have 3 children, Andrew-19, he attends UT at El Paso, a communications major, Matthew-15-my computer geek, and Martina-12(she is the talker of the bunch.) All three are in band and are very talented and smart.(not sure where the get that from I was not very good at either). I am not much for exercise, but I am trying. I guess that is all I can do for now. If I have not bored you yet, then how about being friends? I have a myspace page if you care to take a look: http://www.myspace.com/utepmom Jo Ann
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/08 3:42 pm - guangzhou, China (Mainland)
hello jany,

i viewd ur profile bcos  i hv interest in u. my cousin will soon for his wls surgery so am worried about him. are u single? can we know each other? i live in china rightnow though am a black guy,tall,average body,veru funny. u will never regret meeting a nice man like me. i am serious

sunny
Most Active
Recent Topics