having a baby when you're big.

cole M.
on 5/9/12 11:36 am
I am going to be starting a family soon and i am over weight.  I am wondering if any other women out there have been through this.  I dont know what to expect. I don't think i will show which makes me sad.  but what else am i goign to miss out on?  or what should i expect?  the bulk of my weight is pretty new- within the last 3 years.  i am afraid my husband wont be able to feel the baby kick. im also afraid of health issues that could happen.  does anyone have any advice for me?  im the only heavy person in my family so there is no one i can ask.
Ready4 AChange
on 7/9/12 2:31 am - Upper Chichester, PA
 Hi, I haven't been on here in a while but your post made me think. How "big" are you ? You didn't say. When I met my husband I was 150 when I married I was 180 ( all those trips to BK on the weekends when he was home on leave ) So when I was pregnant with my first baby I was close to 200. I didn't really notice anything for a few months but when you are farther along not only will you know the baby kicks but your husband will be able too also. My whole pregancy I was able to wear "regular" stretch pants. I think it depends on the way you "carry" . Same with all my kids. I didn't need to buy maternity clothes. I just wore oversized tops (which saved alot of money )  And don't worry what others say. As long as you are doing what you are supposed to that is what counts. 

I have always been the "heaviest" in my family so I know how you feel. The best thing you can do is eat healthy and exercise when you can. Even if you just go for walks when possible. I had gastric bypass in 2005 at the age of 50. To be honest I wish I had it done when I was younger. Healthwise it made things easier. Easier to move , easier on my joints . I didn't follow the program and have gained quiet a bit back. If you are able to see a nutritionist go. It may help. Also you may be able to concieve easier if you dropped some weight also. 

Just want to wish you good luck. If you want to email me feel free. My email address is 
[email protected]  my name is Sandy. I have't been on OH in a while.

Take Care
Sandy 
Most Active
Recent Topics