Recent Posts

bullden
on 4/14/13 10:16 pm
Topic: How to propose to girlfriend on her birthday ?

Hello all  I need to propose to my mate on Christmas. We have a two year old little girl that I might love to incorporate in the proposal. Were setting off to see her family on Christmas night. Any thoughts?

bullden
on 4/14/13 10:13 pm
Topic: How to propose to girlfriend on her birthday ?

Hello all  I need to propose to my mate on Christmas. We have a two year old little girl that I might love to incorporate in the proposal. Were setting off to see her family on Christmas night. Any thoughts?

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/12 5:21 pm, edited 10/21/12 5:22 pm
Topic: How to make best birthday of my friend?

Hello friends, I want suggestions from you people that after 15 day my friend's birthday. I and my friend’s want to celebrate it so I’m looking for good place to celebrate it. So i want your help. Please tell me name of good hotels so that we can easily decide Party Avenue.

Thanks for help.

---------------------------
Miami Sushi 

Ready4 AChange
on 7/9/12 2:31 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Topic: RE: having a baby when you're big.
 Hi, I haven't been on here in a while but your post made me think. How "big" are you ? You didn't say. When I met my husband I was 150 when I married I was 180 ( all those trips to BK on the weekends when he was home on leave ) So when I was pregnant with my first baby I was close to 200. I didn't really notice anything for a few months but when you are farther along not only will you know the baby kicks but your husband will be able too also. My whole pregancy I was able to wear "regular" stretch pants. I think it depends on the way you "carry" . Same with all my kids. I didn't need to buy maternity clothes. I just wore oversized tops (which saved alot of money )  And don't worry what others say. As long as you are doing what you are supposed to that is what counts. 

I have always been the "heaviest" in my family so I know how you feel. The best thing you can do is eat healthy and exercise when you can. Even if you just go for walks when possible. I had gastric bypass in 2005 at the age of 50. To be honest I wish I had it done when I was younger. Healthwise it made things easier. Easier to move , easier on my joints . I didn't follow the program and have gained quiet a bit back. If you are able to see a nutritionist go. It may help. Also you may be able to concieve easier if you dropped some weight also. 

Just want to wish you good luck. If you want to email me feel free. My email address is 
[email protected]  my name is Sandy. I have't been on OH in a while.

Take Care
Sandy 
cole M.
on 5/9/12 11:36 am
Topic: having a baby when you're big.
I am going to be starting a family soon and i am over weight.  I am wondering if any other women out there have been through this.  I dont know what to expect. I don't think i will show which makes me sad.  but what else am i goign to miss out on?  or what should i expect?  the bulk of my weight is pretty new- within the last 3 years.  i am afraid my husband wont be able to feel the baby kick. im also afraid of health issues that could happen.  does anyone have any advice for me?  im the only heavy person in my family so there is no one i can ask.
Twennyoh
on 3/15/11 2:28 pm - TX
RNY on 01/15/10 with
Topic: Empty nest
this is meant to be half serious and half funny..................... OK I am a empty Nester and yes at first I was sad when the last of my girls flew the coup and moved out... OK that was last year ... Now I am thinking wow this is great! and I mean that in a great way,
For the last 25 plus years I have always put my needs away and always took care of my girls... I have 3 of them naturally and to many to count that I fostered and loved.
Now in the last week I have had it really hit! I love putting me first and yes I am selfish now a days and proud of it !
I am sure some may still be going through the morning phase of empty nesting and it will get better ... now for me its time to put on the high heals , slip on that hot little outfit and take my wonderful  hubby out on the town... go on romantic vacations and have candlelight dinners and not worry anymore about  we have to be home at a early time.... we don't have to hire baby sitters .. its time to have MY LIFE!
get up, sleep in... workout or not.... prefer to workout LOL... and best of all I can even make out on the couch with my hubby! OK I know that was TMI... but it is a fact.
Rejoice ...... live and be free... I know I will.
now some people my not like this part and that's OK too... I told my hubby I so love my children BUT I hope and pray they never have to move back in! yes I know it sounds harsh and mean but its how I feel, and saying that I will add they can always visit and be welcome in my home always but when the visit is over they need to go home.................  Thanks for reading the rantings of a very happy empty Nester that is selfish and proud of it.

WyldCheri
on 9/26/10 3:55 pm - Mishawaka, IN
Topic: NEW INDIANA GROUP FOR INDIANA MEMBERS!
Photobucket

Welcme! 

This group is NEW and (ONLY) for the Men and Women  of Indiana to come and share stories, share hope, and get support from one another through this life changing tool.

I am trying to gather all the members from Indiana and get us together in one GREAT group! There is more than CORN in Indiana there are all the great people who have gone through the many struggles with weight and weight related issues, and now we are or have done something about it!

Come post some questions, or post about how your surgery has went.

If your new and hoping to have surgery, or you have had it come share and get support and meet some new friends!

If you know of any support groups in your area come post them for ones who may be looking.

Just join and talk about whatever may cross your mind, be it family, surgery, fears, questions, or just to meet new friends maybe around your area.

carabarnes
on 4/19/10 3:19 am
Topic: Off Topic: Boy Found DEAD Wylie Tx *NEED HELP*

Police hope illustration will help identify child found dead at Wylie park

11:29 PM CDT on Friday, April 16, 2010

By VALERIE WIGGLESWORTH and THEODORE KIM / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]
[email protected]

Someone knows this little boy with the soulful brown eyes.

Someone knows how he ended up alone, his underweight body dumped near a stagnant pond.

KYE R. LEE/DMN KYE R. LEE/DMN Wylie police released this illustration on Friday in hopes of identifying a boy whose body was found Thursday at East Fork Park near Lavon Lake. View larger More photos Photo store

Someone knows answers to the many questions being asked after the body's discovery Thursday morning by a mowing crew in Collin County.

Autopsy results have not been released, but police in Wylie say there were no obvious injuries.

They now believe the boy was about 6. Earlier they had estimated he was half that age because he weighed just 28 pounds. Normal weight for a 6-year-old is closer to 50.

He probably had "significant medical needs" and showed signs of having had a feeding tube, Wylie police Detective Venece Perepiczka said.

To learn his identity, the Wylie Police Department and the Collin County Child Abuse Task Force have enlisted the help of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The center's forensic artists created an image of the boy based on police photos. It's being distributed across the country.

Also Online

Child may have had special needs

Map: East Fork Park, Wylie

Blog: Crime

Get Dallas-Fort Worth crime and courts news

Get Collin County news and resources

"Someone out there knows who this child is," said Robert Lowery, executive director of the center's missing children division.

The medical staffers who surgically inserted the feeding tube might recognize him. Or the doctor or nurse who was monitoring his health. Given his age, he may have been enrolled in school. Maybe his family had contact with social services workers.

It's too early to say what might have happened. But those involved in caring for children with chronic health problems say the few details released suggest that the boy needed round-the-clock care. And they say his caregiver probably was under a lot of stress.

"It's next to impossible to care for children with substantial medical needs if you don't have support," said Richard Robison, executive director of the Massachusetts-based Federation for Children with Special Needs.

That support can be hard to come by, and statistics show that a majority of couples with special-needs children end up divorcing, according to Patsy Arnold, founder of a Tarrant County nonprofit called Texas' Special Kids.

JOHN F. RHODES/DMN JOHN F. RHODES/DMN An impromptu memorial of stuffed animals, flowers and cards marks the area where a child's body was found Thursday at East Fork Park near Lavon Lake in Wylie. View larger More photos Photo store

"There's an 80 percent chance this was a single parent with little to no support," she said. "A lot of responsibility and stress comes with raising a child who's that medically fragile."

'Truth'

The boy's body was found on a quiet gravel turnoff just south of Lavon Lake. Bottles, yard trimmings and broken tiles pepper the lot. Nearby is a dingy green pond that sometimes draws anglers.

By Friday, passers-by had placed a few tokens in the boy's memory next to a rusty railing: a bouquet of daisies, a stuffed bear wearing a cross that said "Truth," and a card addressed to "Wylie Baby Boy."

A few miles away on Ballard Avenue, Wylie's main drag, traffic streamed by as usual. Signs touted this weekend's Taste of Wylie and an upcoming charity run.

Beth Hoffard, who owns a sweet-smelling candle shop called The Ole Back Porch, knew something had gone wrong late Thursday. A friend spotted a television news truck, and traffic was heavier than usual.

"It's just so sad. In fact, it makes you sick, really," said Hoffard, 55. "I really hope they find out what happened and who did this."

Others echoed her feelings at the Ballard Street Café & Grill, a local favorite known for its giant slices of chocolate pie.

Brandy Brown, a 29-year-old café worker who has lived in the area her whole life, said she felt awful, even fearful.

"You can be in the smallest of towns," she said, "and the biggest of crimes happen."

Such reactions are understandable, said Dawn Davis, a senior case manager with the Texas-based Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children.

"The community wants to be the person in this boy's life that cares for him, that worries for him, because the adult in his life didn't do that," she said. "This child was thrown away without regard, and that's shocking."

Photo is key

Davis said investigators have a challenge on their hands. The best thing they can do is get the boy's photo distributed as widely as possible.

She said that was the key to determining the identity of Baby Grace, a 2-year-old whose body was found in a box in Galveston Bay in October 2007.

Sheryl Sawyers, who lives in Ohio, saw a composite sketch on the Internet and recognized her granddaughter, Riley Ann Sawyers.

The toddler's mother and stepfather were sentenced to life in prison for her murder.

The Wylie case is less than 48 hours old this morning. But for Pam Cude, an investigator with a Houston nonprofit called Child Search, that's too long.

"It's really unnerving to know that someone has not come forward," she said. "I can't imagine being desperate enough to lay a child on the side of the road."

HOW TO HELP

Anyone with information about the boy's identity can call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678). The hotline is operated by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Callers can remain anonymous.

Ninajean
on 2/6/10 11:36 am
Topic: Looking for Help

Part of the reason my Dr.'s and I decided I needed bariatric surgery was my daughter Taylor, who was born 15 weeks early.  She weighed a whopping 1lb 13 oz "a micro preemie".  Watching Taylor struggle for life the first weeks/months after she was born was extremley hard. We would like to give back to the March of Dimes since they gave so much to us during the tough times. If we can prevent one family from going through what our family did our mission will be accomplished.  We formed our team for the March for Babies walk in honor of Taylor, this year will be our second walk and we are hoping to make it a huge success.

Please help us by donating!  It's easy, safe and secure - just click to make your donation www.marchforbabies.org/taylors_angels

The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.

Thank you so much for your time in reading this post.

Tammy H.
on 6/13/09 5:06 am - Greenville, OH
Topic: RE: Boys names for girls?
I am so happy and excited for you...How wonderful !!!!

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Most Active
Recent Topics