What are you doing or taking for your fibro

Anna Bryant
on 12/9/07 7:57 am - Roanoke, VA
Hi everyone, I am new to this board but wanted to see what everyone else is taking for their Fibro.  I also have RA, anyone else?  Just wondered if these two go hand in hand.   Some days I cannot even tell which is bothering me.   For my RA I take the once a week shot enbril along with methatrexate.   For the fibro I take tramadol and flexeril.    Anna

270/136/135 docs new goal
Plastic Surgery scheduled July 23, 2008  LBL, BL. Dr. Mitchell Krieger

dorthe H.
on 12/9/07 9:09 am - farmington, MN
hi anna:   i'm taking methadone - but will be coming off of it in the next 10 days.  i've been tapering down slowly since the pain center visits but considered it better to stay on it while i had my foot reconstruction done.   i'm also taking lyrica - 200 mg daily   and tizanidine - 4 mg daily as well as 60 mg daily of cymbalta for depression. every day i have to take tylenol for specific pains in my shoulder (rotator cuff), my foot (fused heel and one graft), bulging lower back discs, and headaches behind my eye - since my ear surgery.  but i'm trying to cut back on the tylenol. it may help with the fibro, is the reason i mention it hope that's not too much info for you.  guess i didn't realize i was this chatty. take care dorthe
Shanana
on 12/9/07 9:42 am - Altavista, VA
I am on vicodin and Fentanyl. I miss my Cymbalta but cant argue with the dr. Want a new one but my life revolves around dr visits so we may revisit that thought at a later date. Tramadol was a joke for me and since we cant have nsaids. Hopefully will back off some after back surgery.  Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

Casey Q.
on 12/10/07 11:43 am - Dayton, OH
I used to take 800 motrin, but of course that stopped.   I now take darvocet and flexeral and cymbalta.  I am going to talk to my doc about changing the cymbalta.  I like it BUT I have put on 25 to 30 pounds in the last few months since I started it!  Although would you believe the military dr's labeled me as a drug seeker for Darvocet?  Hello!!! After taking it for 1 month.  How nice huh??  So I get a bunch of crap when I go to the doc.

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/07 12:10 pm - Canada
i have a possible solution that does not include drugs to help all fibro sufferers! this is a class2 medical device and it really works if you like please contact me and i can help thank you
Shanana
on 12/11/07 2:35 am - Altavista, VA
What is this device? Can you tell me more? Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/07 12:39 am, edited 12/12/07 10:12 am - Canada
On December 11, 2007 at 10:35 AM Pacific Time, Shanana wrote: What is this device? Can you tell me more? Shannon hi this is a medical device which can be used as a personal wellness machine.to be used in the privacy of your own home 24/7, benefits are reduced aches and pains better sleep relaxes you increase circulation and oxygen. these products work on the same principal as acupuncture, meditation, and words do not describe the experience! ;) this is not  a scam i have testimonials and it also helps with weight loss, it seems no one is interested in something other than using drugs , thats a shame
Anna Bryant
on 12/10/07 7:27 pm - Roanoke, VA

That really bites that they treat you that way.    I have had a few run ins with military docs myself.  I have asthma and had it since I was sick and they wanted to tell me I didn't have it.   What a bunch of Gomers.   Anna

270/136/135 docs new goal
Plastic Surgery scheduled July 23, 2008  LBL, BL. Dr. Mitchell Krieger

Jeannie D.
on 12/12/07 11:09 am - NE
Whoa!!!!  I recently read on this forum  that lyrica will cause weight gain...........am I understanding that some are showing weight gain from cymbalta too??????????  Oh NO  !!!
Casey Q.
on 12/22/07 5:57 am - Dayton, OH
Yeah I have gained weight with Cymbalta!!  I think if there is a .0001% of weight gain with a med I gain!!!

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics