Green Rubbing Alcohol Baths?

Dixie Chick
on 8/21/08 1:33 am - War Eagle, AL
A co-worker of my DH's has fibro really bad and she told him that taking a warm bath in green rubbing alcohol really helps her. Has anyone tried this and if so, what is your opinion? How much would I have to put in my bath water?

Thanks,
Lindy

LIVE Like You Were DYING
Love Deeper * Speak Sweeter * Give Forgiveness 

lindy.gif image by DixieChickAlabama  
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindysbracelets/sets
5 Years Post Op

Debjynx
on 8/21/08 3:35 am - MN

What is green rubbing alcohol and is it like normal cause isn't it going to sting going into unmentionalblee areas????
Deb

Dixie Chick
on 8/21/08 5:21 am - War Eagle, AL
I have no idea....that's what I was thinking.  I think I am going to get a bottle and try rubbing it on my back! lol

Lindy

LIVE Like You Were DYING

5 Years Post Op

Dixie Chick
on 8/21/08 6:20 am - War Eagle, AL
I bought some.
**$2 at WM. It is 70% isopropyl alcohol, wintergreen, glycerin, and methyl salicylate**

I am not going to add it to my bath water!! ekkkk
I am going to rub it in to the bad places & see what it will do for some temporary relief.

Lindy

LIVE Like You Were DYING

5 Years Post Op

mrs. neenaj
on 8/21/08 12:36 pm
I would be scared to take a bath in it but would rub it all over. I like those Salonpas (sp?) thingys that are like little dots that I put on my sorest areas. I get them at Walmart or Walgreens. They are in the section with bengay or those heat wraps.
Photobucket
Hislady
on 8/21/08 3:40 pm - Vancouver, WA
Just my personal opinion but doesn't sound too healthy to me. The skin must absorb the alcohol which has to be dangerous. Seems to me there has to be a better safer pain relief.
forrealwoman
on 10/14/14 6:26 am - Nashville, TN

it does not burn and it is sooooo soothing and relaxing.  And I have fibro also.  I do know that for sore, aching muscles it has helped me. I usually pour half a bottle into a full tub of bath water and just sit back.  Instead of Calgon, I just ohh greehol take me away!!! And it does gives me that relief I am looking for.   Has never burned me .

amystone
on 7/19/09 8:35 am

OH YES, I use it at least once a week, and no it does not burn. I am sure that if you put too much in your bath water that it could/would burn.
I thought the same thing when a co-worker suggested it, but to my surprise, it does not burn.
I usually put half a bottle in a full bath and I always add it before the tub is completely full, and it has never burned me. I especially like to wait until bedtime. It is calming and relaxing.

~Amy~
Most Active
Recent Topics