About that time again..What medications are you on to manage your Fibro?

hopegirl66
on 4/25/12 7:59 am - Downingtown, PA
In order to keep away from   what medications are you on for your fibro?

I'll start

AM- 60 mg X 2 Cymbalta
        300 mg Wellbutrin XL
Fentenyl 75 patch- every 48 hours
PM- 12.5 mg Ambien CR (name brand...generic works different on me for some reason)

*For breakthru pain 15 mg OxyIR 1 tab every 4 hours as needed. 

thorpea1976
on 4/26/12 10:53 am - sioux city, IA
 I am currently on 200 MGS OF savella 100mg in the mornin and100mg at bedtime
 300mg of wellbutrin
10mg of paxil
10mg of amytriptialin ..to help w/sleep
2.5MG of predisone tohelp w/ inflamation
10mg of ambien
 now for the massive pain i take 5mg of methadone as i need it...i use it ONLY when needed and it keeps me from being admitted to hospt.

I have tried many fibro drugs and this is what works...I still have many bad days but push through the best I can...yes the tears and cursing happen often, I will not let this damn condition kill me.

Now sleep is a big issue for me and most of time find it hard to sleep...i am dependent on my sleep- meds for what little sleep i do get . Hot baths after working out have been helpful and so is water areobics at the Y 
I hope this helps some 
dorthe H.
on 5/1/12 7:34 am - farmington, MN
i take 60 cymbalta 2x daily
         600 neurontin 4x daily
          30 buspirone 2x daily
            5 flexiril 4x daily
            2 extra strength acetaminaphen 4xdaily

i wish i had a breakthrough med.  i use pain patches, or ice, or my tens unit (electric shock), or a combination of them along with extra flexoril.

i tried savella and had a bad reaction to it.

DORTHE
     AGING IS INEVITABLE
              GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!   
hopegirl66
on 5/14/12 1:59 pm - Downingtown, PA
I was on neurontin for a while, it seemed to help alot, but then all of the sudden, I started swelling up and retaining water, I had to come off of it. Glad to see your doing ok with it,

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 7:16 am
No drugs needed!!! I am so excited about this mineral bag that I have been using in my drinking water and have had no pain in months!!! If you would like some samples sent to you email me at [email protected] with your mailing information.  It's time to LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST...not in pain! :))
fight-of-my-life
on 5/22/12 4:32 am - Roy, UT
I am on neurontin 400mg 3x a day
50 mg amatryptaline for sleep.
I also take pristiq for anxiety 100 mg

This combo seems to work wonders and I can axtually function!!!
Cherokeesage
on 6/4/12 1:52 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I take Tramadol every 6 hrs.  I use to take Mobic as well but can't since RNY.   

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

loretta cowels
on 6/8/12 2:21 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
i take neorotin 600 mg three times a day but trying to get off it so im down to 300 3x a day. i also take norco, celex, zanax, Its time to change again but my doctor is such a pain about pain meds I just want to feel normal and i dont want meds that can cause weight gain and almost all of mine can loretta
kellyc123
on 12/12/12 2:28 pm

Hello everyone,  as you can tell by the post time I am not on anything for sleeping the night.   Weaned off my 100 mic Fentanyl patch as it was eating my flesh ( dr. gave me rx for Flonase to spray on the skin before applying, which helped for about a week then the burns started up again and burn cream they suggested took days to heal - just in time for the application site to be used again.  Big jump in the pain so I talked to my pm doc today when i went in for si injection about increasing dosage.  Explained the situation again about gastric bypass medicine malabsorption and i even gave her some print outs from the American Journal of Health and doctors blogs about their patients.  She only increased my Oxycodone from 10 mg  4 x's/day to 5 times/day.  Its almost laughable if it wasn't such a painful existence.  I miss the old me - I know I shouldn't dwell on that but it is hard.  My husband misses his little nympho wife and my sweet/ornery twin three year olds barely have a mommy. 

so, lyrica 100 mg 3x/day

savella 100 mg 2x/day

oxycodone 10 mg up to 5x/day for breakthrough pain (which is all the time)

tizanidine - 4 mg 3x/day for muscle spasms - also help occaisionally to fall asleep

nuvigil - 500 mg/morning to help me stay awake and chasing my rascals

Vitamin D2 - 4000 units/day

Prenate Plus  - not preggers but doctor prescribed for mega vitamin

Generic Benadryl - keeps me from being nauseous/ vomiting with nuvigil

and a billion herbal remedies to try to attack this stupid FMS - i would love not to be dependent on pharmaceuticals but I have to say how grateful I am to God for the minds that figured out how to make medicines.  I could not survive without them at this time.   Good luck and God bless you all.

Most Active
Recent Topics