In Fibro fog today with absolutely no energy!

Missy A.
on 1/17/13 5:01 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

What do you do on these kind of days? My fluid and protein intake take a hit because I have no energy to get up and fix me something to eat or to drink. They don't come often, but when they do, it is ridiculous!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Hislady
on 1/18/13 5:59 am - Vancouver, WA

I spend those days pampering myself and maybe even lay around in bed all day! I do try to make sure I get fluids in so I don't get dehydrated. I figure a day or two without protein won't kill me but I don't let it go for long. It seems on days like that I don't really get anything accomplished anyway cause I'm so addle brained. So I figure time for a poor me day!

Missy A.
on 1/18/13 6:08 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Thanks for that. Yesterday's exhaustion carried over to today. I feel guilty for not being able to go to the gym. I just start feeling like a failure on days like this!  I need not be so hard on myself.

Missy

Hislady
on 1/19/13 7:55 am - Vancouver, WA

You are being too hard on yourself, what would you say to a friend that feltthe way you do? I bet you'd tell her that a day or 2 won't kill ya, just get back on track once you feel better. Unless a person lives with fibro they have no idea how it can suck the life out of you. Once you get over this funk you'll be right back to working out! Give yourself a hug and then move on.

Missy A.
on 1/19/13 8:36 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Yep, you're right! I would tell them to take of themselves and get back on track when they feel better. Thanks for understanding!

Missy

Bratlyn98
on 2/10/13 10:29 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12
On January 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM Pacific Time, Missy A. wrote:

Yep, you're right! I would tell them to take of themselves and get back on track when they feel better. Thanks for understanding!

I like this! Just keep working at it when u can!!! We have a harder journey than others

Surgery Date: RNY: 12/19/12

Weight in: 221 lbs

Starting weight: 235 lbs

Hislady
on 1/20/13 6:06 am - Vancouver, WA

We've all been there!mail

KapowChicky
on 2/20/13 11:40 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I take Modafinil (I think it is called Provigil in the States) to fight fatigue and poor energy. It helps give me enough pep to get up and move, and clears the fog.

Maybe talk to your doc and see if it could help you? It is an off label use, but many Fibro and chronic pain and fatigue sufferers have found it very helpful.

Most Active
Recent Topics