Fibro and pan while getting tattos?

Jessica285
on 1/30/13 11:23 am - UT

I have fibromyalgia, but I am lucky enough to not have athritis of any kind.  I take savella only during flare-ups and use robaxin to help with my muscle pain since I have had gastric bypass, major complications, and later revised to the equivalent of a gastric sleeve,but it is made from my small intestine as I have no original stomach left. Anyway.. I would like to get a tatoo to reflect everything I've been through and I am wondering what it is going to feel like??? Will it hurt worse because of my fibro? If I take my meds, will it make it easier? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

Highest: 297 lbs/Lowest 127 lbs/Maintaining at 140-145 lbs

RNY Nov 2009/Perforated Ulcers Jan 2010/Revised to modified VSG Dec 2011      

Hislady
on 1/31/13 9:16 am - Vancouver, WA

Well you got me on that one! I'm pretty well versed with fibro but don't know anybody with fibro and tats. If it were me and I really hate pain I would take the pain meds anyway just to lessen any pain. I know my daughter has a few and they always look real red and sore for a few days, but she doesn't complain about it hurting then. I did have a couple of small dots on my chest for lining up my radiation treatments when I had breast cancer and those hurt like crazy. I don't know if it's cause I'm a wuss or if it was just a tender area. You might ask the tat artist if they would do just a tiny spot at first to see how the pain is going to affect you. Happy tats to you!

Feystorm
on 2/5/13 1:58 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

I am newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  :)   However, I have had symptoms for years and believed I have been misdiagnosed.  

During that times I have gotten multiple tattoos.  While I have daily pain issues...the tattoos I have gotten have been no problems.  I have 7 tattoos and plan on more.  To me - they were more irritating than anything else.  I have them on wrists, ankle, foot and back of neck - none gave me any significant problems.  I think they are great ideas (obviously I am biased lol).  

If anything, start small and test the waters.  

tatt2sandy
on 3/1/13 7:13 am - Caledon, Canada
I have had fibro for years and I have a lot of tattoos. I find every tattoo appt to be different, some I could sit for 6 hours, others it was all I could do to get through an hour. Talk to your artist he/she should be able to work with you
AliciaDDG
on 4/21/13 12:55 pm

I have fibro and tattoos. For me it just depended on the spot I got them. My side was the worse. Shoulder and ankle no problem. wrist hurt a little. lower back pretty painful, but not as bad as side. Thigh did not hurt to much either. Let me know how it goes for you. I am getting a new one soon

Most Active
Recent Topics