X-Post - I've got a date with plastic surgeon!!!!

JazzyOne9254
on 12/11/13 10:08 am

After nearly losing my mind....

I've got a surgery date!!!!

My plastics will take place December 27th at 10:00 AM  at St. Vicnent's Hospital, Indianapolis!  

I got a call from the assistant today, who said the insurance company was called about the change of location, and told that both hospitals are part of the same corporation, just a different geographical location (about 10 miles worth!).  The assistant told me that the insurance company said the change of location would not be a problem, and they will send me a new approval letter indicating the different hospital.

I've had many questions asking how I got the insurance company to approve the plastics.  The skin has become a medical issue in and of itself, and I have been plagued by several bouts of cellulitis.  According to something I read, Severe Morbid Obesity is one risk factor for cellulitis.I never had it when I was SMO.  However, I am no longer obese, just overweight, according to the charts.  Once the excess skin and fat deposits come off, I will be closer to chart weight.

I have just a little time to get myself together for the surgery, as the hospital is two hours away.  

I'm a little concerned about being held in hospital for only 24 hours after the surgery, but I will discuss that with the doctor.

Big ups to G-d for making it all possible!  

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

browneyes65
on 2/16/14 2:19 pm - IN

How did your surgery go ? Hope you are doing well.

JazzyOne9254
on 3/21/14 1:35 am

Hi browneyes65 !

Sorry I took so long to get back to you!

Surgery went well, but the healing was a b---h!!!

One of the incisions partly dehisced (came apart) and took a long time to heal.  It has finally closed, so now, it's on to Phase Two of thigh skin reduction.

I was supposed to have the surgery all done at once, but once I got to the OR, the surgeon saw that was gong to be too much skin to lose all at one tiome, so he decided to stage the surgeries.  Stage One took care of the inner thigh and inner knee area.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

browneyes65
on 3/21/14 2:50 am - IN

I hope you are feeling better soon, did your insurance pay for it ? I hope I can get something done one of these days if Medicare and Medicaid pay for it. Do you know if they pay for a lower body lift ? I have lost 40 lbs so far in 10 weeks. I still have problems swallowing big pills even if I cut them in two they still get stuck in my throat so I have some chewables, I wi**** would get better.  Take care.

Nancy
on 12/17/14 11:17 pm - Kasson, MN

I had the tummy done.  I was out in 24 hours and u just have to watch what is going on with fever and stuff.  Just make sure they do not take out the drains to soon.  If you are removing 25ml of fluid still u should leave them in.  What happens if that fluid builds up it will go out of the weakest part of your wound.  That is what happened to me.

Most Active
Recent Topics