2 week diabetic boost with veggies

MyJourney2015
on 7/24/15 10:19 am

Hi all,  was wondering if any one with fibro had a flare up during the 2 week diabetic  boost w/veggies or how you felt during this time?

Hislady
on 7/24/15 4:46 pm - Vancouver, WA

I have never heard of a 2 week diabetic boost. What is this and why is it done?

MyJourney2015
on 7/25/15 3:45 am

Sorry, I should have explained a little bit better.  This is the 2 week pre op to shrink your liver. 

Hislady
on 7/25/15 7:35 pm - Vancouver, WA

Ok I've never heard it called that so wasn't sure. I didn't have a 2 week diet I had a 30 day diet pre-op so and that was 7 yrs ago so I don't really remember. That said most anything that changes your normal routine can set off a flare and it may last awhile until you get thru all the food stages until you get to a normal diet again. I hope not but with fibro you just never know but on the bright side you'll have good pain meds after your surgery so that should help. I would advise you try to keep your protein up with shakes or whatever you can get down. Lentil soup is high in protein so that is always good even on full liquids you can have that just puree and water it down so it isn't too thick. I drank that instead of shakes because I couldn't stand the shakes back then. I did find one I like now and use it every day just to boost my nutrients because my lap band damaged my stomach so much I have trouble eating now! Good luck to you and remember to be good to yourself while recovering take it as easy as you can!

MyJourney2015
on 7/26/15 10:20 am

Very sorry to hear about your stomach :(  Thank you for the lentil soup idea, I've never had it before.

Chickenboob
on 9/19/15 2:21 pm - Rockland, Canada

actually, I found that I felt better on the pre-op diet. Of course no one told me until 2 days before the surgery that I could have up to 2 cups of green veggies...... lol

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Most Active
Recent Topics