12 Years Out from Gastric Bypass and Diagnosed 4 years with Fibromyalgia

KatBear12
on 4/5/16 11:32 am

12 Years Out from Gastric Bypass and Diagnosed 4 years with Fibromyalgia .... as the title states.... Are there any research studies out there about the operation and fibro? Been going to a pain clinic for 4 years and they cannot up the pain meds anymore... Tried all the arthritis med, you name it.. I have tried and failed at it...... What have they done to us? The pain is real.. the Non Absorption of meds  is REAL!!!  Frustrated!!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/5/16 2:37 pm

You may want to google SIBO ... plus there may be other issues...

I don't chat... pm me if you have any question.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Hislady
on 4/5/16 6:04 pm - Vancouver, WA

Several people on this forum have said their fibro started after their surgeries, not just bypass but any of them. Any kind of trauma to the body can trigger fibro and surgery certainly is a stress to the body so can trigger fibro. Try reading about SIBO like HALA said and it may help with the inflammation that makes the fibro pain worse. I know for myself narcotic pain meds are all that have truly helped with my pain but not all docs believe in them so you may have to hunt for one who will give them to you. I have been at the same low dose for many years,it is just enough to take the worst away and make it tolerable. It is never totally gone but this makes it so I can at least get around some what better. There is only so much we can do about it and getting used to living with the pain is part of the disease, we may never be pain free at best we can hope for pain tolerable! Best of luck to you and don't hesitate to ask any more questions you may have.

KatBear12
on 4/6/16 6:15 am

You are my Twin!  I have been going to a pain clinic for 4 years. Maxed out on pain meds they can give me.  Always looking for a solution. Blood tests all normal. Makes no sense thank you for your caring post !!

Hislady
on 4/11/16 9:17 pm - Vancouver, WA

It is a frustrating disease because you can't test for it so it is a process of elimination and even then they are never sure they just have to guess. I loved my electric blanket because it was like a giant body sized heating pad!! I use a Fentayl patch and oxycodone 4x a day. That pretty much takes the pain down to where I can handle it but I also have several other pain issues so it treats them all at once.

12YearsPostOp
on 7/20/17 5:15 pm

I literally could have written your post! I'm 12 years post-op also and having those exact same issues. I feel your pain.

12 years post-op RnY
35/Female/5'11"
Pre-op: 338lbs
Current: 170lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics