Today has been a really bad day

tjsterch
on 4/13/16 1:08 pm
Revision on 04/18/16

My surgery day has been rescheduled to April 19th and my family has told me they will not be able to make it to the hospital on my day of surgery. My husband has to work, my 32 year old son will be on vacation, and my 20 year old daughter doesn't get up that early (10am).

I also have fibromyalgia (stress makes it worse) and it has been really bad lately. Medicine isn't helping much, today I had to drive and I don't like to take the meds and drive. So it has been really bad today.

At my pre-op, the AP informs me, I have had a lot of surgeries. I am having a conversion, but I have had a few other surgeries since my original vertical banded gastroplasty.  They won't know this though until they are doing the operation. My heart sank even further in my chest. From their office, I needed to go to the hospital and register. Only there is no parking. I drive for half an hour. No parking. So I leave to go to a pharmacy and get new meds for after the surgery filled (must be filled today)

I am always there for everyone, now that I need someone, no one is there for me. And it made me not just sad, but angry. Husband decides this is a good time to pick a fight with me. So while I am waiting for my pre-op appointment, we are having a fight via text on the cell phone.

I am not mad anymore, just incredibly sad. No I can't discuss this with anyone, that is why I am posting it here

TJSterch 5'7 SW 284 lbs CW 210 lbs

Per month: 1st -24, 2nd -11, 3rd - 9, 4th -  8, 5th - 8, 6th - 4, 7th -2, 8th -7

tjsterch
on 4/13/16 1:13 pm
Revision on 04/18/16

I don't know how to edit, when I read it, I realized something didn't make sense, the AP informed me they MAY NOT BE ABLE to do the surgery, however, they will not know until after they are inside due to past surgeries I have had may have created problems.

Not upset about the rescheduling of my surgery, but the day is inconvenient for my family.

Per month: 1st -24, 2nd -11, 3rd - 9, 4th -  8, 5th - 8, 6th - 4, 7th -2, 8th -7

Hislady
on 5/25/16 10:11 pm - Vancouver, WA

I'm so sorry that I didn't see this sooner, I'm usually on here every day but between my computer being sick and me being sick I just haven't been around. I'm sorry you had such an awful day it seems like we women are always there for everyone but just let us ask for help and no one is around! I'm a strange one because I don't like anyone around before my surgeries and Lord know I've had plenty! I like to just be able to relax and rest before surgery and there are usually plenty of nurses yapping at me to keep me busy. I usually just have hubby drop me off and give them his number so they can call when I'm ready to go home. I do realize tho that most other people aren't that way.

I hope things ended up working out and that things are going smoothly after your revision. Feel free to write here anytime, sometimes just writing it down helps get it all out!

tjsterch
on 6/8/16 2:50 pm
Revision on 04/18/16

Hi things ended up fine (I had a very serious discussion with my family and told them how I felt about it) my daughter was with me until I was taken into surgery. The staff was incredibly nice & when I woke from surgery I was not in a lot of pain (I have had my share of surgeries too - this was a nice change  )

There was a few surprises, the surgery being a revision could have taken 5 to 6 hours, not the 1 to 1 1/2 as expected. Good news for waiting daughter it took 2 hours (I was asleep I had no idea really how long I was under). I could have gone home the next day, but I chose to stay the 2 days because I didn't feel like I was ready and once I got home it was quiet.

Hope your feeling better, hugs

Most Active
Recent Topics