Recent Posts

happyjumpy
on 1/1/20 2:57 pm - santa barbara, CA
Topic: RE: Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia early 2008 Gastric sleeve Dec 2015

You poor dear!

Also I'm very impressed with you, and your progress toward minimizing narcotics.

I'm not sure weight loss surgery has a direct effect with fibromyalgia I would assume it to be more of a dance, like everything seems to be your fibromyalgia.

I am guessing that you were already addressed the following issues and just didn't mention them, but just in case:

if meds are being reduced, or other less addictive meds being added, or other modalities to try to treat your symptoms?

I have tried and failed to have a good response to most of the medications used for fibromyalgia, but they do work for some people.

I have tried and failed to have a good response to most of the medications used for fibromyalgia, but they do work for some people.

I had a good physical therapist to work with me, once a week for a year! It started with a knee Andrew and then she use upper and lower back and other diagnoses instead of fibromyalgia because it allows her to do more. It was amazingly effective, because she was intuitive an able to help me manage pain as I increase my endurance and mobility. I didn't keep up my exercises like I ought, but I did learn a lot and I'm still benefiting. Doing the exercises without her hands on massage, stretching, cool and warm therapies wouldn't of worked nearly as well. She really gave me good pain control.

it's a shame there was not better insurance coverage for alternative treatments, like that physical therapy, my chiropractor, and other things that people say work for them such as massage and acupuncture. I would encourage you to explore whatever options are available to you. I don't know your location, your finances, or what your health insurance covers.

my sister in Michigan went to a pain program, not for fibromyalgia, but from this program she learned about the following link I'll share with you, and the Doctor Who runs the program who has a lot of good talks on YouTube and things. Very informative about actions and treatments, disease process, etc

.https://fibroguide.med.umich.edu

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B0EhNajqkdU

good luck, and happy new year

VSG 5/17/10 HW 298 GW 145 CW 143
Kathie 

‎"Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." Anais Nin  
Mesner3
on 3/7/19 2:20 pm
RNY on 08/23/18
Topic: RE: Have anyone ever tried SALONPAS

I LOVE salonpas for the occasional sore shoulder etc but just read that the main jngredient while not injested can cause an ulcer. I do have an ulcer and the PA was trying to figure out how I got it - now I'm thinking it might be from salonpas. And to think I just ordered 10 from Amazon!!!! No more for me.

samiamiam
on 2/11/19 3:36 pm
samiamiam
on 2/11/19 3:33 pm
Topic: RE: Fibromyalgia after hysterectomy

Your post really caught my eye. I had a partial hysto, went in fine, was ready to leave, the nurse went to get the paperwork, she came back and I was running a 104 fever, body swelling, and could no longer use my joints. Bam!! Just like that, my life changed. I had triggered two autoimmune, one was fibro and the other is a mystery that they are still trying to figure out. I spent two years off and on in the most excruciating pain until they put me on gabapentin. I still have such a limited life and ability and am sad. I know that this fibro was brought on by the surgery. It has changed my life forever. I want to go in for skin removal surgery and am so scared that something may go wrong.

pattiharpr
on 12/29/18 8:17 pm - Duluth, MN
Topic: protein powder options

I was diagnosed 5 years ago with fibromyalgia. I was told that a diet change would help. It was necessary to eliminate dairy, gluten and sugar what PP are recommended for fibro pts? I tried the plant powders and they just aren't working. Please advise! Thanks

prissy25
on 8/22/18 9:47 am - Barboursville, VA
Topic: RE: Pain, What are you taking Rx?

I have the same problems and cant get help either I feel your pain as u sound as bad as me.

VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

12YearsPostOp
on 7/20/17 5:15 pm
Topic: RE: 12 Years Out from Gastric Bypass and Diagnosed 4 years with Fibromyalgia

I literally could have written your post! I'm 12 years post-op also and having those exact same issues. I feel your pain.

12 years post-op RnY
35/Female/5'11"
Pre-op: 338lbs
Current: 170lbs

paulaktn47
on 6/25/17 6:03 pm
VSG on 12/15/15
Topic: Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia early 2008 Gastric sleeve Dec 2015

I've had fibro for many years but it wasn't until 2008 that I was finally diagnosed. The issue I'm having now is that my new pain management Dr thinks that because I have lost over half my body weight, I should not need anywhere close to the dosage of pain meds I had been on for the last 9 years! I agreed on that for the most part but was scared about having two teenagers see their mom basically detoxing at home in front of them. I wanted to be on lower doses of pain meds but I was also scared at the same time too! This past January the oxycontin er was dropped from 40mg 3xd to 60mg twice a day then 40mg 2xd then to 20mg 2xd then earlier this month she lowered even further to 15mg twice a day. I have been going through a lot of withdrawal symptoms ever since and on top of that a lot of stress happening at my home at the same time causing even more flare-ups. I am absolutely miserable and hurt everywhere. My last pm Dr specialized in fibromyalgia, I don't know what I was even thinking by switching pm doctors! This all was caused primarily because I had changed pain management doctors. I feel now was a huge mistake on my part- because I was asked by my primary if I'd like to switch to a new pm Dr- one she's affiliated with and although I was happy where I had been going the past 7 1/2 years, I switched because I have a great bond with my primary and I really did want to my meds to be changed (just not like this) not where I can barely function anymore. The oxycodone I take for breakthrough pain was also decreased from 15mg 4xd now down to 10mg 3xd. Has anyone else gone through anything like this after losing their weight?

I had an older acct but couldn't remember my old email nor password! I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks!

paulaktn47
on 6/25/17 4:32 pm
VSG on 12/15/15
Topic: RE: Pain, What are you taking Rx?

The key is to request all of your medical records from everyone and anyone you have seen about your condition and have it all sent to your current pain mgmt Dr. They won't make you jump thru as many hoops so long as you already have most of your case documented. You'll still have to go thru the standard mri's etc to show your current status but, make sure you have all your files from the doctor who officially diagnosed your fibro back in 2012. Are you able to tolerate trigger point injections? Do you have a tens unit you can use when your pain is really bad? Nowadays more and more people are being referred to see pain management clinics due to the widespread opioid abuse. I am NOT in any way saying that you yourself abuse pain meds but I'm saying that this is pretty much the standard protocol even if you have "visible pain"!

paulaktn47
on 6/25/17 4:14 pm
VSG on 12/15/15
Topic: RE: Question on Meds

Unfortunately, so many meds out there have claimed to either cause weight gain/ loss and countless other side effects. I cannot take NSAIDS due to having the sleeve in 2015. Gabapentin didn't help me either and now I am on Lyrica but unfortunately, in the US there is no generic expected until sometime in 2018 :( The cost alone is over 340 and that is hurting as much as the fibro flare-ups! I wish you much luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics