Looking for a penpal surgery day is March 23......

browneyedlady30815
on 3/16/09 3:52 am - Augusta, GA
Kind or nervous want someone to talk with that had and gastric bypass i live in Augusta Georgia...
OBESITY_IS_MEE
on 3/17/09 5:51 am - STATEN ISLAND, NY
RNY on 09/09/09 with
HI, I WOULD LIKE TO BE YOUR PENPAL.. PM ME..
ceecee25
on 3/17/09 10:06 am
Please share with me your experience with the RNY.  Are you happy?
ceecee25
on 3/17/09 10:15 am
I'm nervous too.  My surgery date is April 6th, so you will be done before me.  I'll pray for you on that day.  I'm having a revision ( lapband to RNY).  I didn't do well with the lapband.  I pray that all goes well with the RNY.  I live in the Boston, MA area.   I would love to hear from you.  Take care
browneyedlady30815
on 3/18/09 3:52 am - Augusta, GA
Well i hope that thing goes good with you,i will be praying for you also,i always wonder why people goes from the lapband to the gastric bypass,so you take care and stay in touch...Valerie
jewelsks
on 4/5/09 11:12 am
Hi!  I'm jewelsks and I also had the RNY done on March 23.  Mine is going pretty well I think.  How is yours going?  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow in Tulsa, OK.  The biggest problem I seem to have is getting all of that protein down.  Would love a pen pal.  Am a Christian women and live in SE Kansas.  Best to you! jewelsks
browneyedlady30815
on 4/7/09 11:20 pm - Augusta, GA
Hi! Jewelsks my surgery went good i was in pain for a couple or days i had to sleep in my recliner for 2 weeks seems like i got hemarroid on my 2 week.But  right now i'm doing great ,what type or protein or you using,or you on soft food yet.Thats what i'm doing now,i'm taking my vitamins and the things is getting all my protein in.i'm drinking the carnation instant  breakfast mix.Do you get tired all the chocalate mix and the sweet taste or crystal lite,but i got to find something better,i'm glad that i found someone to share with i hope that you are doing great,maybe i will have more to talk about next time now i'm going to get on the treadmill.take care.....Valerie
jewelsks
on 4/7/09 11:59 pm

Valerie,
Sorry to hear about the hemarroid problem!  Ouch! 
I'm using a Protein shake called Martix.  It's not bad just can't seem to get 2 of them down a day.  I started to use the Isopure.  I only have to drink 1/2 a bottle in the afternoon to meet my protein needs with the food that I eat.  The only problem is the Isopure is so expensive.  I just got a protein shot at Walmart the other day.  It wasn't bad.  Not as much to have to get down anyway and is a little cheeper.   $2.00 a peice.  I'm on the purred/soft food diet for the rest of this week.  Then it looks like you get to add fish.  I can't wait until the 4th week so I can add soft vegetables.  I guess i still get a little to excited about food.  Still working on that!  Ha!  Am doing pretty good though.  Am starting to use my treadmill today.  Hope to be able to walk for at least 10 min.  I know that doesn't sound like very long but it's a start.  I have a lot of breathing issues.  Hopefull that all of that will get better with time. 
Oh, what kind of calcium are you using?  I was using a Calcium citrate that  is Bariatric Advantage.  I just couldn't seem to get it down.  It is like trying to eat a box of chalk.  I even tryed to put it in my shake but just didn't work for me.  I found some calcium chews that are great.  They cost a little more but to me are worth it.  Would like to find something cheeper if I thought it was good though.  I'm really not tight, it just all addes up at the store.  Well, better let you go now and get to that treadmill.  I'm feeling pretty good and glad to hear that you are too!  Hope to hear from you soon! Julie

browneyedlady30815
on 4/9/09 1:01 am - Augusta, GA
Hi Julie how are you ,i hope thats all is well ,i went walking this morning but felt like i over did it my heart felt strange.I was using my treadmill but i never felt like that before ,i'm over my hemarroid,i take the Caltrate 600D CHEWABLE fruity  taste terrible but i thought i would get use to them i saw the calcium chews  you know i'am sick or chocolate.Well yesterday i ate sweet peas and tuna fish and apple sauce what a good combination.Girl i can't wait for all these week is over ,so how much weight have you loss yet since you had surgery.Gurl i haven't told you anything about me ok i'm suppose to be married to this guy who works for the Navy,i have seven children all grown and they have their own lives i had a daughter got married a day before my surgery,i have 2 daughters and 5 sons,my husband i haven't seen in a year now say he don't love me like he use to,maybe he has call me twice since my surgery he doesn't even know what type or surgery i had,he wasn't supportive,i got involve with this married man in my life which i fell in love with,sometime i want to let him go but i love him so much,maybe after my husband told me he didn't love me like he use to something went over me,he say i was a pain in the ass,ain't that something to tell your wife,so i met this guy,he fly here to see me and i fly to philly to see him.I know that it wrong to be involve with a married man,i hope that you think i'm a bad person sometime i just need someone to talk with and to pray for me.Sometime i get to the point that you feel that noone loves you anymore,i feel so alone i can't see this man when i want to.I'm sorry for telling you all of this but this is how you will get to know me better,don't think negative of me ok....Take care hope to talk with you again soon.Valerie
Most Active