looking for someone who won't sugarcoat things

playgirl
on 3/12/14 4:08 pm, edited 3/13/14 6:19 am - boston, MA
VSG on 11/19/13

hi,

i'm interested in finding a pen pal comparable to the way OA sponsors were back in the 80s and 90s.  i want someone who will call me on my **** expect honesty and call me to do better.  i'm willing to offer the same in return.  i'm not looking for someone to stroke my ego or tell me i'm okay if i'm doing something foolish with food.  i'm doing okay alone, but i'd be doing so much better with a daily confidant.

i want to lose weight.  i want to get healthier.  i want to push myself to exercise more.  i want to be held accountable for my actions, positive or negative.  i want someone to talk with daily.  i want someone who will expect me to report my food, water and exercise.  i want someone who will get to know me, to know what's "normal" for me.  i had an amazing sponsor in OA in the late 80s who had a major influence in my life, helping me to really make some changes.  i need that again.   i was also an emotional basket case in those days.  thankfully, i'm not on that emotional roller coaster anymore.  however, weight loss surgery is only a tool.  i want to make sure that tool works for me.  i know that daily support and check-ins work because it requires me to be ever mindful since i'll have to be reporting on what i'm doing.  that accountability and mindfulness is really transformative for me.  of course, it requires a willingness to be completely honest, which i have.  

if this type of relationship speaks to you, please contact me.  i'm open to either a sponsoring type relationship where it's more one-sided or a two-way relationship where i offer you the same accountability that i seek.  i'm hoping to develop a deep, long term relationship with someone with whom i grow to be able to share most anything.  

highest weight: 350; surgery weight: 339; doc's goal: 230; my goal: 150

weight loss:  pre-op: -11  M1: -19.2  M2: -9.4  M3: -7.2  M4:

Most Active