Having a hard time of late.

Kjhlockhart1962
on 4/30/14 1:34 am - FL

I am almost 3 years out have been having multiple problems.  Not with surgery, it went well lost 100lbs, but then wham.  Had to have a colectomy nov 2012, not quite recovered from that bad car accident Jan 2013, then had to have a sacral fusion oct 2013, just getting that over with now I have a hernia.  Needles to say.  I have gained 35lbs back.  I so need help to get back on track and get through this.  Just starting to be able to exercise again, hopefully the hernia surgery will not be to bad and I will be able to get back at it.  But am eating way to much.  Would just love to have someone to help with a little support, to help stay on task.  Thanks for listening.

Lorraine Gubler
on 5/27/14 2:13 am - Canada

When life kicks you back a few steps, sometimes you have to stop, take a breath and regroup.  Your first priority is to get your health back before going nuts about your weight.   When you feel you are healthy enough physically, that is the time to set your goals for a renewed weight loss program.   Take small steps at first....walk down your street and back.  When you feel comfortable doing that...push yourself a little further...get a walking aid if necessary...I had a walker for 2 months because I was just not strong enough physically to start doing stuff.  It was not my weight that prevented me from becoming active, it was physical injuries I had sustained years ago....but bit by bit, life improved to the point that I don't even have to use a cane anymore.   My way of thinking is if it hurts...don't do it.  Learn how to do things within your limitations and then gradually work up to bigger and better ways of living.   You already know how to lose weight, you just have to retrain yourself to follow the practice.  Does your surgeon's facility offer you any help?  Are there any dieticians available for you?  Do you know anyone who wants to lose some weight and get back in shape?  A buddy system is the best way to help yourself and a friend.  You need to remember to eat properly...eat often but eat things that are good for you.   Keep fruits, hard boiled eggs, cheese and things like that handy.....don't reach for chips or fried foods.    I had my surgery 5 years ago today and have lost 90 pounds....keeping it off was and always will be a struggle.   But then again, good things in life are always worth fighting for.  Sorry for the long post...I haven't been on the sight for  a while but I just thought you deserved a reply.  If you need encouragement, add me to a friend list and I would be happy to correspond with you.  [email protected].  ( put in the subject line Obesity Help friend request).   Good luck and I hope your future becomes what you want it to be!   Lorraine

Most Active