Recent Posts

SMURF
on 7/18/23 8:59 pm
Topic: RE: Gastric sleeve June 28th 2018 looking for pen pal

Hello Gail. I hope you are well and have had luck with your sleeve. I myself had the gastric sleeve back in 2017. Since then my world and weight world have been crazy. I would love to talk more and become friends.

Please Write back if you could use a friend still.

Khrystal

Boston_sara
on 6/4/23 5:13 pm
Topic: I'm new! And looking for some friends who are like me :)

Hi everyone!

I am totally new to this since I am 3 days post op from my surgery, so I didn't know where to go. I'm Sara from California and had the Roux-en-Y done. I had struggled with my weight for years. I lose a good amount, then I flat toe and gained it back plus extra. Hopefully I can make some friends here :)

Christeh
on 4/2/22 3:09 pm - Timmins, On
Topic: Just starting my journey, looking for a friend.

Hi,

41 and my bmi is 41.5

Just starting my weight loss journey.

This will be the second time I try to get my **** together.

I went from 240lbs down to a comfortable 120lbs with just calorie counting and exercise. In 2012

Stayed there for a few years.

In 2019 I had a series of very unfortunate events that left me house bound and friendless.

Since then I've gained it all back.

And developed hypothyroidism.

I'm at 230lbs now and I guess I just started a VLCD and will be hoping to start exercising in a few weeks.

It would be really nice to have someone to talk to.

My family doctor couldn't care less about my health and he is impossible to talk to.

Hoping to maybe get referred to a real doctor who can help.

I'm in North Eastern Ontario.

Sharon H.
on 9/20/21 3:19 am
Topic: RE: Looking for a penpal.. Had RNY in 2008. Stalled & regained it all back

I'd LOVE to be your pen pal. I have a very similar history having had my surgery (RNY) in 2009 and losing successfully. Then I ended the "honeymoon period" and have struggled since.

I'm sure we could really support each other through this journey!

Sharon

Christian I.
on 5/5/21 12:48 am - TX
Topic: RE: Need a friend
  • Hi Jennifer!

So sorry that no one was able to catch you back in 2019.

BUT that just means that I get to be your Belated Angel...hahaha. And guess what I'm also in Texas! Austin no less. I live at the Domain. It's a new concept in shopping/living community.

Im a Long term post op...2002-ish?

I had RNY and was very successful with it. I lost my excess weight in 6 months but I think that testosterone gives us guys an advantage. 18 months is more common for our femenine members.

Welcome to the Big Show! Let me know how you're doing and keep up the positive thoughts. Don't chase those last 20lbs into the gates of insanity. Be happy and proud that you're making the decision to change your life for the better. Cyber-hugs Christian!

Jennifer5598
on 10/7/19 10:23 am
Topic: Need a friend

Hi there I'm pre-op from Texas and need someone to talk to please respond

angel8894
on 1/28/19 12:50 pm
Topic: RE: NYC area penpals + friends

hey everyone im also looking for a friend to hang out while im in ny this weekend ill be there for two weeks want to explore the city have someone show me around and do fun stuff if intrested send me a shout

FreedomGirl
on 10/25/18 1:27 pm
VSG on 12/27/18
Topic: Be my pen pal :)

Hi! I'm starting this WLS process and I'm in the pre-op requirement stage. I haven't scheduled my surgery yet, but I'm meeting with the my surgeon on 11/14 to schedule it. I'm having VSG performed. I'd like to be a pen pal with someone who is at the same stages of this process so we can go through it together. I hope there's someone out there for me!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5'6" Female 31 years old

HW: 273 / SW: 261 / GW:140

blooming18
on 7/8/18 5:34 pm
RNY on 07/24/18
Topic: RE: Looking for a pen pal in the Dc, Maryland area
Hi Saunlee, I know your post was a LONG time ago, but I am not far from you - around Pikesville/Reisterstown. My surgery date is July 24. Maybe we can get together after. I'm a great friend :)
GGRECO
on 7/6/18 10:19 am
VSG on 06/28/18
Topic: Gastric sleeve June 28th 2018 looking for pen pal

I would like someone to chat with about our goal. Help each other in our journey.

Gail from New Jersey

Most Active