A little more than ICE

Danny Riggs
on 2/7/06 12:28 pm - Houston, TX
Hey folks, hope this finds everyone doing well. I think everyone is starting to get familiar with the ICE program for cell phones. In case you aren't, please put an entry in your cell phone that is named ICE and save a phone number of someone you would like to have contacted In Case of Emergency. That way folks like us can find your emergency contact number there when there is an emergency and you can't speak for yourself. Along with this, if you have had a procedure which shortens the length of your GI tract, such as RNY or other bypass surgery, PLEASE get a medical alert bracelet that states your surgical history. There are a few invasive procedures that are done in the pre-hospital world that could complicate your guts if the one doing the procideure is not aware of your condition. Thanks for helping us take care of each other. Have a wonderful day.
Johnnyt
on 3/1/06 6:34 am - Erie, PA
Great idea Danny! That's the first I have heard of that! I've already put a message on my phone when you turn it on that says "reward if found" with a number that has brought my phone back to me twice, so I will do the ICE number on my kids and my phone. Also, I've tried to contact victims families through their cell phone to get medical info, both had "home" so I used that, but I like the ICE idea much better....pass it on!!! If your department has a community newsletter, fund raising, website, or mailing, that would be a great suggestion to add to it. Also, I wear dog tags that refer to my blood type, gastric bypass surgery and my newly found allergy to Morphine. We also have the tags attached to our turnout gear on the zipper loop just in case the unthinkable happens while on a fire scene. Great suggestions Danny and thanks! ... John
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ok Looking for medic friends
Medicfem · 1 replies · 291 views
Where is everyone?
StillTammy · 0 replies · 450 views
krystle ????
armywife1469 · 0 replies · 390 views
Firemen's Week in OC, Maryland
KBS-TIA · 0 replies · 762 views