more bettas

wizz46
on 2/14/04 10:04 pm - In
My daughter and I decided to buy a couple of bettas, mine is Oscar, he has beautiful blue and green fins with 2 long red ones in the front, and my daughters has green and blue fins his name is fillet'Ofish, lol, Oscar sits on top of my comutor desk and watches me type and stares at me and he dances and whips around in his big bowl, sometimes I think he is lonley:0) can fish get lonley?lol He even opens his gills and flars his head, then he is UGLY. lol
Laura D.
on 4/29/04 12:39 am - Clinton, MD
Rosemary, I think fish can get lonely. I have betta in a community tank and although the betta keeps to himself he seems a lot more active then the bettas in the petstores that are all alone in a gallon tank. Depending on the size of your tank, you may be able to add a few tetras or something.
mars.renee
on 9/2/04 12:28 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I went to the pet store the other day hoping to add some fish to my betta tanks. So I asked the man there what kind of fish I should put in with my bettas. He said NONE. He said that, although there are some fish that you can put in betta tanks that the bettas won't attack, the other fish will nip at the beautiful fins of the bettas and wear them away more quickly. So I decided NOT to add any! Hope this helps
Most Active
Recent Topics
Orlando Support Group Meetings
slimderella · 0 replies · 390 views
Hey, I have tropical fis...
H. *** · 0 replies · 407 views
more bettas
wizz46 · 2 replies · 363 views
Betta?
Jeanie · 4 replies · 380 views