Exercise to Break PLATEAU!

Erin Crane
on 6/23/06 3:24 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
Has anyone had success on a certain exercise regiman that will break a plateau. I hate those plateau diets, I don't believe in them. I was just wondering if there was one type of exercise that will get those lbs. rolling off again. Thank You! Erin 310/166/151
Terrie C.
on 6/24/06 4:12 pm - Endwell, NY
I just read a lot of information about increasing protein in order to break a plateau. This is not a "diet" it is just about getting enough protein to support your body so exercising can continue without the body thinking it is starving. Aside from that changing up your workout routine can be very helpful. Once we get in a habit of doing the same thing all the time our bodies simply adjust and find a state of balance. Good luck, it can be very disappointing to workout and not see it showing on the scale.
JeremyGentles
on 6/28/06 3:05 am - Johnson City, TN
Erin, You would need to provide quite a bit more information in regards to your current exercise habits in order to make any suggestions about "breaking plateus." Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp Professional
Phitphreak
on 7/1/06 8:26 pm - Seminole, FL
Erin, Are you training by your heart rate? This is the best way to keep from plateauing. How old are you and do you take beta blockers for hyper tension? If you have no history of heart problems and are not taking beta blockers the following formula will apply for calculating your target heart rates. 220-age x .60 = easy cardio day or level 1 220-age x .88 = medium cardio day or level 2 220-age x .90 = interval level (hard) or level 3 so for me a 47 yr old person not on BP medication- 220 - 47 x .6 = 103.8 60% Maximum heart rate 220 - 47 x .80 = 138.4 80% Maximum heart rate First step is get yourself to ta point where you can maintain 80% of your HrMax for an extended period of time, say 30 minutes. After that the fun begins with once a week interval workouts. Let me know where your at today with your cardio workouts.
Vickie E.
on 8/9/06 10:28 am - Tustin, CA
Hi, I take 2 BP medications, atenenol and htcz. I am 48 years old and I am a woman. My wight is 317lbs. How would I figure out what my heart rate should be? Thank You, vickie
Most Active