Net Gains Tennis in Louisiana

Frances S.
on 8/8/06 6:16 am - Zachary, LA
My wls chums, co-workers and friends are starting a tennis league next week. Most of us have weight issues, but all of us are beginners. I would love to hear from tennis players or anyone with advice about getting started on the courts. Onward! Frances

A Banded Brain! (read blog)
"Banded for life, switched for good, bypassed by none" (revised, work in progress)

Amy Williams
on 8/10/06 6:54 am
I use to play tennis years ago, it was pretty fun for me.  I'm not sure I could ever be in a league.  Sounds like fun and some great exercise for sure! Amy 
Frances S.
on 8/13/06 4:35 pm - Zachary, LA
Oh, don't worry, Amy, I'm in a league of my own.  Onward! Frances
NkyBelle76
on 8/13/06 3:53 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with

Hi Frances.  When I had my surgery in November of last year, one of the first things that I watned to learn to do was play tennis.  And yes, I'll admit one of the reasons was because is there anything cuter than a tennis skirt?  :lol:  But with that aside, I am so glad that I started playing.  I started off my taking lessons from a tennis coach at a country club in the area.  Then I started doing one of their clinics once a week too.  I've met some great people and I'm not playing half bad either! 

I would say if you have a group of people, you might even get an instructor to give you guys a group rate and play for an hour with him/her every week and then you guys can work you way up to playing on in the league.  Good luck!

Missy

Missy

Frances S.
on 8/13/06 4:35 pm - Zachary, LA

Hi there, Missy,

We are fortunate to have a cool, excited instructor and we are learning as we go. The league is small and we are all starting from nearly "zero."

Thanks for the reply.

Frances

Most Active