New to the Board!!!

adam101977
on 8/9/06 6:59 am - Valparaiso, IN
Hi all My name is Adam and am trying to get back into the gym!  My wife andI have slacked off for about two months!  What i need that might help is a good lifting program!  I want to really build up my arms and chest!  I see some in mags. but not quite sure they are for me!  If anyone has any help please let me know!  I have 9 weeks before my B-day and would like to start looking like i work out and have some definiotion to my body! Thanks for the help! Adam
Earl C.
on 8/9/06 3:23 pm, edited 8/10/06 1:47 am - Circleville, OH

Hi Adam, Welcome! Give me a basic list of what equipment you have to work with and experience you have lifting and I'll try to set you up with something. Come on over to the Weight/Resistance Training message board and we'll talk more. Earl

adam101977
on 8/16/06 4:12 am - Valparaiso, IN
Sorry it took so long for the reply.  I have just about everything at the gym.  Free weights and machines.  I really want to work out my chest and arms!!  So any help will be great! Adam
Earl C.
on 8/16/06 6:24 am - Circleville, OH
Hey Adam, Ok...first everyone is different so just a guideline here...It's almost impossible to set this up online , so nothing is written in stone, change and adapt what works for you. 1. Work heavy on the first exercise then go for the pump on the others. 2. Getting ripped is a matter of diet and cardio. Do Cardio after your lifting or in the morning before breakfast (anytime you can get it in really) 3. Since you want to specialize on chest and arms I'm setting it up for 2 workouts a week for those bodyparts and 1 workout for the rest (there's a lot more to the body than chest and arms) 4. Just because I write Mon, Wed, Fri doesn't mean you can't workout Tues, Thurs and Sat or whatever your schedule allows. Important thing is to just get in there and do it consistantly. Monday and Thursday (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps) Warmup for 10 or 15 minutes (bike, treadmill, abs, stretch) Incline DB Press elbow wide x start light and do sets of 6 reps go up in weight until you get to a weight you can barely get 6 reps or fewer with, rest 2 min between sets...think heavy but strict Incline Press on machine 3 sets x 12 reps, 1 min rest/sets Flat DB Flyes 3 sets x 12 reps, 1 min rest/sets Close Grip Pushups 3 sets max reps, 1 min rest/sets DB Overhead press 3 sets x 12 reps DB Side Laterals 3 sets x 12 reps DB French Press (overhead extension) 3 sets x 12 reps Pushdowns 3 sets x 12 reps Dip machine 3 sets x max reps Abs (something for abs, decline situp, leg raises) 3 sets  x max reps
Tuesday (Back and Biceps)
Warmup for 10 or 15 minutes (bike, treadmill, abs, stretch) Deadlift 3 sets x 6 reps rest 2 - 3 mins per set, do a few warmup sets before the 3 sets of 6, stay strict, sloppy form on these will get you hurt 1 Arm DB Rows 3 sets x 6 reps Pulldowns Wide Grip 3 sets x 12 reps Barbell Curl 4 sets x 6 reps, think Heavy but realatively strict Hammer Curls 3 sets x 12 reps Concentration Curls 3 sets x 12 reps Barbell Wrist Curls 3 sets  x max reps Abs Friday (Legs and Biceps) Warmup for 10 or 15 minutes (bike, treadmill, abs, stretch) Leg Press 4 sets x 12 reps, (go heavy) (I would say do squats if you're comfortable with the technique...if not stick to leg presses) Leg Extensions 4 sets x 15 reps Leg Curl 4 sets x 15 reps Calf Raises Seated or standing 4 sets x 20 reps DB Curls 4 sets x 6 reps , go heavy Scott Curl (machine Curl) 4 sets x 12 reps Reverse Curl 3 sets x 12 reps abs Do 45 min to an hour of cardio every day if you can. Post your workouts on the Weight/Resistance Training message board and we'll tweak it as we go.
JeremyGentles
on 8/10/06 12:12 am - Johnson City, TN
Adam, Happy to have you on board. In addition to what Earl can help you with I will be posting more advanced illustarted exercise programs withing the new Exercsie and Fitness Forum in the very near future (next couple of days). I will post this on the message board and provide the link when I do.  Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp Professional
Most Active