Any other Equestrians?

penthilisea
on 8/9/06 11:49 am - Milford, NJ
I am now up to riding 2 or 3 times a week, usually one of those is a nice INTENSE lesson. The other ride or two is with my corider. She rides my horse also, sort of a free lease, either before or after me. Also sometimes without me if I am not feeling good that day. I have found I tend to dehydrate suddenly, so I don't like to go ride alone. Hence, a co-rider! She was a close friend anyway. So we ride english, hunters and eq. I do a little bit of dressage too. In my lessons we do crossrails, she does about 2'3" courses. It is my horse, Harvey who I have had for a very long time (9 years!) he is an off the track TB who has also been an A show horse, therapueitic riding mount, dressage horse, lesson horse, and anything else I ever tried. He is very well mannered and safe, auto changes and no stop to the fences. However, he has never really done anything outside the arena. No trail riding, no hacks, so he;s kind of a freak when I try and go out. We need to work on that. Ok enough. Any one else out there?
glitter graphicsglitter graphicsglitter graphics

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

JeremyGentles
on 8/10/06 1:26 am - Johnson City, TN
Hello, I am sorry that I can't say I am.....although my fiance is. She has a couple of show horses (hunter jumper) and stupid me got up on one a few years ago. Needless to say I ended up in the Emergency Room. I love to watch them but I have put off getting back on one for a while.  Anyway, hopefully you find a few people who love it as you do. Take care and good to see you in the new Exercise and Fitness Forum. Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp Professoinal
Most Active