Music to Walk/Jog/Run By?

Kat C
on 8/13/06 2:53 pm - Tuscaloosa, AL
Can anybody recommend music especially well suited for walking/running? I can do my own compilations of songs to put on my mp3 player, but these ended up frustrating me. I really like to rely on the rhythm of the music to keep going, so changing tempos drove me batty. I have had MUCH better luck with music that's been set up specifically for exercise. I have tried a few  "jock rock" mixes, those are OK. Some of them have a certain # of beats per minute, and they are mixed continuously so that I can have a whole hour's worth with no breaks. I have just gotten tired of the ones I have been using. The best ones I've found so far are from 32mix.com, made for exercise/dance instructors. Have any of you tried stuff like this that you liked? I'd love suggestions for some new stuff. Thanks! Kathy
LadyDi9080
on 8/13/06 9:15 pm - Tallahassee, FL

Hi Kathy!

I can't excercise without my TUNES! I don't have an iPod or mini anything yet but last night, I burned a CD just for my workouts complete with songs with a warm up, a go for broke, and cool down. I also put a great song where I would normally want to quit.

I USED to use a compilation called "Jive Bunny" but it was a cassette. Thanks for the site of 32mix!   Good luck! Dianne from FL

Kat C
on 8/19/06 6:41 am - Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah I'm not the best mixmaster. Well actually I can mix things just fine. I must be OCD or something. I like the pace to stay steady, like the ones mixed especially for dance/cheer/step class. Last time I checked 32mix.com they had three more downloadable 60 minute mixes and I cleared off my old stuff and loaded these up. There's a top 40 mix that I really enjoyed. I've been giving the actual cds I got from them to the step & spin instructors at my gym and they love them too. These are all great ideas. I have loaded up some of my own favorites, like some Linkin Park...heh! That got me going this morning! Thanks  yall! Kathy
Maria M.
on 8/14/06 2:12 am - East Boston, MA
I tend to use a lot of dance/techno remix type songs.  They tend to have a pretty consistent beat from song to song since they all have a certain style.  If you have an ipod, itunes has a mix of cardio songs under itunes essentials.  You can also search the imix section for "workout." Good luck, Maria
"Life expands or contracts in direct proportion to one's courage" --Anais Nin

phranny19
on 8/15/06 4:58 am - phoenix, AZ
RNY on 06/26/06 with
I've been meaning to make my own compilations but never have time so usually i just stick my ipod on shuffle and go. But i like fast paced songs dance or alt/rock. They keep me pumped up and energetic

tulipberry999
on 8/16/06 12:01 am - Vancouver, WA
I like electronica music, and bands like Crystal Method. Actually Crystal Method did an iTunes complication for running for Nike. I really love it. It warms you up and cools you down nicely. :) Kimberly
celinejen
on 8/16/06 3:18 am, edited 8/16/06 3:19 am - Kirkland, WA
I workout to the soundtrack from "Cyote Ugly" There are enough upbeat songs on there to get your juices flowing.
Kari M.
on 8/18/06 6:49 am - Pasadena, CA
i am all about the punk rock music. those heavy guitars and loud drums really get me moving! i prefer local, indie music but a few bands you can prolly find at virgin or tower records would be go betty go, green day, rancid, x, ramones, the gossip, mon frer, the butchies, etc.
Most Active