How much muscle am I gaining......;o)

Teresa A.
on 8/13/06 7:54 am - Charlotte, NC
o.k., so now that's I'm fairly clear on the theory that muscles weighs more than fat.....here's another question. I don't want to decieve myself into thinking that my scales are barely moving because I am gaining so much mucsle. However, I do want to take that into some small consideration. So, here is what my typical work out routine looks like in a week. How much muscle could I be gaining. An ounce a month? More? Thanks for any input/encouragement. Teresa 2 days a week with my trainer, doing 30 minutes of weight trainer, then doing 30-50 minutes of cardio after that. The other 3 days per week I do 45 min. of cardio, then 20 minutes of weight training on my own.
Earl C.
on 8/13/06 1:28 pm - Circleville, OH
Hi Teresa, You're doing great! Beginner sometimes gain muscle faster than someone that's been training a long time. Women don't generally gain as much muscle or as fast as men. Younger people generally gain muscle faster than older people.  But the best way to find out accurately is by getting your body composition tested. I've used what called the Bod Pod. I think it's more accurate than Skinfold Calipers or  Hydrostatic Weighing (under water) for WLS people. (too many skin issues) Just do a search for one in your area. None of them are 100% accurate but you can use it as a gauge to see if your losing fat and gaining muscle over time. The simpliest way probably is to just take measurements. If your weight stays the same but your waist is getting smaller, you are generally losing fat and gaining muscle. Good luck Post your workouts on here. Earl
Most Active