bicycles

hoosiergirl57
on 8/14/06 5:50 pm - lawrenceburg, IN
Glad to see this forum!  I'm now down 106 lbs. and need to get my butt in gear with  exercising.  I would love to ride a bike again and would like to purchase one.  I do not want one of those skinny seat, bend over at the waist types, just an old fashioned type of bike.  Any suggestions, brands, etc. ?  Thanks! Rhonda
JeremyGentles
on 8/15/06 5:34 am, edited 8/18/06 3:28 am - Johnson City, TN

http://www.supersizedcycles.com/site/1554167/page/45029 The manufacturer of the above bikes, builds bikes intended for those who may need extra comfort due to weight. You may or may not need this any longer but I could not find any other information besides what  you have provided in the above post; i looked on your profile but there is no further detail about yourself, current weight, etc....  There are many quality  bikes out there. Your best bet is to visit a local bike shop where they can fit you for a bike and determine what will best suit your needs. Finding the right bike can be like finding the right shoe. 

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Chunky Dunker
on 8/17/06 8:50 pm - WA
JeremyGentles
on 8/18/06 12:41 am - Johnson City, TN
Chunky Dunker
on 8/18/06 2:29 am - WA
Chunky Dunker
on 8/22/06 2:04 am - WA
Much nicer
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/06 5:55 am - Plymouth, MN
Hi Rhonda, I would recomend going to a reputable local bike shop.  They can measure you and fit you for a bicycle that would best suit your needs and riding preference.  There are a large variety of bicycle types to pick from.   Also, a reputable dealer will lety ou test ride the bicycle of your dreams.  Good luck and keep on exercising! Linda
Most Active