Giving me the push I need

chewy248
on 8/15/06 4:45 am - Mount Royal, NJ
Had some time to get back to these boards and found this site, reading what others are doing is giving me the extra push I need to go on. I am trying to be as honest as I can be - I am just one year out and have lost 90 lbs. - just working and doing the day to day things has gotten me there, I was doing the gym thing for awhile, but then work got busy, I could not get there as I had planned and going later in the day was worse as it was just too packed and became a bit of a meat market. so i have been out of there, but now i think I can change things around and get there again. Have been doing some walking and the doctors are telling me I am doing great. They have said that I will not be a small person, but that is playing with my head cause I still see the "big" guy when i look at myself. Would like to find someone to share these thoughts with as this journey continues - if you have the need and want to help push me along, please drop me a note. Thanks
julieohio
on 8/15/06 10:29 am - Gahanna, OH
Hi Chewey, Congrats on your desire to get back to the gym, I have been going for a long time and I feel bad if I miss a day. It has made a huge difference in my journey. Once you make it a part of your life you will wonder how you ever lived without it. Julie
joenns
on 8/15/06 11:43 am - Lenexa, KS
Hi Rick- I just read your profile, you've got some catchin' up to do!!! What a great job you've done, 90 lbs gone forever.  Way to go.  I'm only 4 weeks post op and need to get motivated to exercise... planning to join the gym this week (really, really)  I'll be glad to push you if you push me back. Take care, Jo Ellen

Earl C.
on 8/15/06 12:03 pm - Circleville, OH

Hey Chewy, Come on over to the Weight/Resistance Training message board and post your workouts. Getting started is the hardest part. Just do what you like...like nothing but arm training the first workout, just to get in the gym and grow from there.

The Secret:

1. Show up

2. Work Hard
  3. Repeat

Blessed B
on 8/17/06 1:34 am

Hiya~ I'm almost a year out and have lost 98 lbs. I can certainly empathize with you about seeing a "big" person in the mirror. I still see that myself even though I'm wearing small clothes and all the complements that I get. It's hard because your mind plays tricks on you and I've been told by a few of my doctors that your brain takes awhile to catch up...I'm still waiting lol. I also quit my gym this past month because I was tired of the meat market..I was tired of the guys "checking me out" and interfering with my own personal goals in the gym..I was made to feel so very self conscious! I've invested in a treadmill, stationary bike, free weights,weight machine and several work out videos. I'm able to stay on track and feel comfortable in my own home. Have you thought about buying something that you can use in your home? I'm really glad to have ths board..I'm actually buddying up with a person on here and we've just started keeping tracks of our workouts together. That might help you also. I really hope that you can find it in you to continue to stay on the right track..I know it's hard but you need to have faith in yourself and the commitment to yourself to do it :) 

Taking one day at a time.

Most Active