exercise rocks!

Kari M.
on 8/18/06 6:24 am - Pasadena, CA
as part of my push to goal weight by my one-year out from surgery date, i'm getting real serious about the gym. for the last 5 weeks i've been in there lifting weights and running for 2 hours 4 days a week. and i signed up for more of the same for september through december. i'm gonna be one ripped chick by the time christmas rolls around. you could even call me a gym bunny. but then i'd have to crush you with my amazing new muscles. seriously though, the gym is doing some amazing things besides making me slimmer. my posture has improved. my body is more toned. i sleep better. i feel better. every movement i make throughout the day flows more. i feel like i'm always dancing. i've got more energy and stamina than i had in high school. today at work i was pushing up my sweater sleeves and i was surprised by the hard feel of my biceps. this is such a long way to come for someone who had a love/hate relationship with her body. it's amazing to me to see the changes my exercise is doing to my body and i love the thrill of moving up a dumbbell size. now i just hope i'm excited enough to maintain this level of exercise the rest of my life.
Donnamarie
on 8/18/06 8:56 am - NY
Thank you for that awesome post.  I could have written it myself!!! I feel much the same way.  It's bizarre though because I lived for almost 16 years at 350, SMO.  I don't know how I did it, or what allowed me to get where I am now.  But I'll take it! Good for you and here's wishing for that goal weight by one year!!!! Donna
Earl C.
on 8/18/06 10:31 am - Circleville, OH
Crush me! Love the attitude. You're awesome. Come post your workouts for us on the Weight/Resistance Training messageboard. Earl
Most Active