Hump day workout

Earl C.
on 8/23/06 7:16 am - Circleville, OH
It's my day off at work so I'm just taking my time today... Noon - Walk 45 minutes outside. The weather is perfect in Ohio right now. 2:45 pm to 5 pm @ Power Shack Gym Back Day Probably the longest and hardest workout I do 15 minute warm up (walking, abs, stretching) Power cleans Deadlifts 1 Arm DB Rows Chest Supported Wide Grip Rows Chest Supported Reverse Grip Rows Wide Grip Pulldowns Diesel Shrugs supersetted with DB Shrugs Rope Pulls to face Crunch machine (stopped short on these...felt the hernia raise it's ugly head) Cybex Calf Press 4 way neck machine Hammer Gripper @ home more grip work Heading to the pool right now... nap time Stay Fit. Love Life. Earl
angerama
on 8/23/06 2:34 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Earl ~ I am jumping in the game now and am going to post my workouts.  The trouble is that I do weight training twice a week with a trainer, and I often don't know the names of all the items we do.  So, I'll list them as much as possible. Today was an arms day.  We usually do two different weight lifting items, then a minute of cardio (stairs, jump rope, jumping jacks, hill climbers, elliptical, etc.)  We do three sets with about 30-45 second rest period in between.  For example, chest press (18) shoulder press (18), 1 minute of jumping jacks, rest, then do the entire cycle two more times (Is this called circuit training?). Anyway, it was a great workout.  My heartrate was up the entire hour, then I did 35 minutes cardio on my own and kept my hear rate in the target zone. I guess I'd better start learning the names of the different weight sets we do so I can sound impressive! Here's to good training and cardio for everyone! Angie
Earl C.
on 8/23/06 3:13 pm, edited 8/23/06 3:15 pm - Circleville, OH
Hey Angie,

Good workout.

Make your Personal Trainer write them down, he works for you, remember?

I'm glad you're posting. It's good to see the variety of ways people work exercise into their lives.

Plus I feel a little self-conscious
when I'm the only one posting. Makes it look like my ego ran amok. OK, that's a given. But still I'm glad you're posting. Keep it up.

Keep working hard.
Earl
Most Active