calorie intake question...Jeremy help!!

stephgerlette
on 8/31/06 3:22 am - St Charles, MO
ok hopefully you can help me out. i walk a lot during the day. actually i do walk away the pounds videos. 3 times a day to total anywhere from 8-10 miles per day. then about 3 days a week i do chicometrics and/or weight training. usually the weights are mainly for my arms because i feel like my legs get plenty of a workout with the walking. my big question is...how many calories should i be taking in and what's the best way to get all the calories i need. meals, snacks, etc.... SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!! oh and i've recently put on some weight and would like to drop 10 pounds. so i guess i need to know how many calories to take in to maintain and how many to lose weight thanks!!  Steph 350/155/145 (5'8")

~*~Steph~*~  
350/155 (5'8")

JeremyGentles
on 9/1/06 7:18 am - Johnson City, TN
Hello Steph, OK....there are several things I will need to know and they are as follows: 1. How many calories are you consuming now? This should include where these calories are coming from. So, I need gram of protein, grams of carbohydrate and grams of fat on average each day. 2. How lon do your resistance or chicometric training sessions last on the three days you do them? 3. I know you said you had gained around ten pounds....is this changing how your clothes fit? It is quite possible that you are gaining muscle tissue which is resulting in some weight gain. Of course this is not bad weight gain; this is good. I can tell you right now that by the looks of your level of physical activity and the fact you had RNY, which is restrictive and malabsorptive procedure as you know,  you are most likely not consuming too many calories. Many individuals like yourself who have had WLS and go on to live extremely active lives, actually have a hard time consuming enough calories to support their level of physical activity.  Please provide me with the information I have asked for above. Additionally, you are more than welcome to call me. It is often much easier to explaim these things through conversation versus message board posts or emails. You can reach me at the information provided below.

Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp, Inc. Phone: 866-957-4636 Ext. 357 Fax: 949-788-9252 Email: [email protected]

JeremyGentles
on 9/8/06 1:07 pm - Johnson City, TN
Don't worry I have not forgotten you. I will be answering the email you sent me soon. Sorry fo the delay.

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active