Sore Hips and Hip Flexors

Danielle H.
on 1/25/08 10:47 am - Atlanta, GA
Appreciate any feedback... I was using a personal trainer before surgery - got my foot hurt (semosite bones) and couldn't work out for a month or two before surgery.  Got back to walking right after surgery.  Feeling better but needed new shoes - I got earth shoes due to my prior injury with negative heels. My hips and hip flexors have been hurting for a few weeks.  Just wondering if anyone has had this experience...not sure if it's just the muscles adjusting to not having layers of fat on them or what! Help!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Scott William
on 1/25/08 9:37 pm
When I go on a real long run, those are what usually get me first.  I just stretch them out as best I can.  I think it may improve over time.  See if you can work through it for a bit longer.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 1/26/08 10:41 am - Missoula, MT
I tried on some of those earth shoes and there's no way I could ever wear them. I'm with Scott regarding trying to work through it for a while.  The earth shoes cause your strides to be very different from what your body is used to doing.  Some people really like them and others like me could never wear them comfortably. If you find you continue to have problems, you may need to go another route to finding a shoe that will work better for you.  You might even try a getting orthotics fitted by a podometrist. Linn
donnainhouston
on 1/28/08 3:22 am - League City, TX

Of course everyone is different, and that said, I was extremely active pre-op which may have lead to my condition. I actually found out that I have a little arthritis in my hips.  I had a full body bone density scan done pre-op, and my doctor was able to identify it. They hurt for a while, but then it goes away. What aggrevates it most is when I do intervals.   My hip flexors are extremely tight too.  You might consider stretching them regularly to see if that helps. Donna

Most Active