never been here before

pennisweet
on 2/21/08 7:31 pm - Windsor, MO
I just ran across this room and I will be coming back.  You all inspire me because I am just starting a workout.  The problem is my hubby works 12 hour shifts--work two off three work three off 2.  The days that he is not here I can't go to the gym because the gym closes at 8:00 and he doesn't get home until 7:30.  I don't have any workout dvds or any workout equiptment.  I am losing my motivation--help.  I need some support or a swift kick in the butt.  Thanks, Penni
MacArthurBug
on 2/21/08 11:26 pm - KY
Howdy Penni! My hubby works long irregular hours too! I know where you're coming from. I'm kind of a lurker here myself- nothing inspirational enough about my workouts to make me wanna post.  For home use- I LOVE my stability ball, it comes with simple instructions and makes getting started on crunches etc VERY easy. Plus, my kids love  having a "big blue ball" to play with. I also use light weights and simple aerobic exercise when the weather isn't nice enough to walk, run, jog, or chase the kids around the park.  You'll find ways to fit it in, starting is hard and intimidating, but keep at it!! Simple equipment is a good way to get started and cost effective.  I'm also fortunate enough to live on a military base where I can use the gym and be surrounded by hunky airmen lifting weights.. That's definatly inspiration enough for ME to go work out when there's time.

~*~ Amber ~*~
highest weight: 335 (possibly more) pounds
current weight: holding steady at about 138-142 
Lowest weight: 136
New goal: Find my balence

Most Active