OT - Weight Loss Surgery and Diabetes

MaryS
on 2/23/08 4:15 am - Long Island, NY
Recently I was interviewed for an article for US News on weight loss surgery and diabetes. The article is currently online, here is a link:

http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/diabetes/2008/02/21/weight-loss-surgery-to-treat-diabetes.html
It has truly been a gift the way this surgery resolved my diabetes.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 2/23/08 7:05 am - DE
Mary, I was very impressed with your quotes.  I cam out of the surgery with the same philosophy "I'd had my share of cakes and candies in my life and I didn't need to have any more,  The surgery was like a reset button that gave me a second chance."   Great way to live your new life! My hope is that next year I can use your success as part of my inspiration to complete my first marathon. Rob
MaryS
on 2/25/08 10:11 am - Long Island, NY
Rob, Thanks for the kind words. I know a lot of people wouldn't agree with our strategy of not having cakes and candies. I have found that this strategy works for me. Somehow it is much easier to not have to make the decision than to decide whether or not I would have a piece of cake or not. It is such a relief not to obsess about where the next sweet is coming from. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 2/25/08 11:09 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Very cool!! I also look at WLS as being a second chance!! I wish people would look at it that way and take advantage of it!!

Thanks for being my role model too!!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active