Sunday Workout

KTBee
on 2/24/08 6:04 am
I woke up a little sore today from my workout yesterday but my hubby and I immediately took off on a brisk walk along the shore.  The weather here was very warm today and the day was beautiful with every shore bird imaginable.  People were everywhere fishing, birdwatching, taking photos, and just enjoying the sheer beauty of the day.  We trekked over 3.5 miles as fast as we could. Katy B
Cassie W.
on 2/24/08 6:32 am
Katy, I'm so jealous of your weather.   It was about 16 degrees this morning when my husband and I joined our group for a 10.5 mile run.  It took me a good three miles to shake the chill off, then we hit the hills and I warmed up. Tomorrow is a much needed rest day. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

KTBee
on 2/25/08 12:05 am
I watch some of the snow news on tv when I actually do have time to see a tv and I wonder how anyone leaves their house.  Brrr.  But just remind me of the day of nice weather when summer rolls around and I am whining about the pavement melting in August and it being too hot to exercise outside at daybreak.  LOL You are way tougher than I am.  Oh my gosh!  Running in 16 degree weather.  But my son, who is at the Air Force Academy in Colorado swears it is colder when he comes home in winter because our humidity is so high.  I can't imagine that makes any difference when you get into those really low temps--like 16.  You are wonder woman!  I am thinking of you the next time I think it is bad weather here. Katy
Michelle D.
on 2/24/08 6:58 am - Keno, OR
VSG on 06/18/07 with
I abandoned my children today, choosing instead the Sunday quite of the gym!  I had good incentive for this after my date last night with the hubby that ended with me doing tequila shots and shedding articles of clothing on the car drive home!!  LMAO I managed to do 1 hour on the recumbant bike, keeping my heartrate at 150 for 48 minutes of that and riding a total of 13.5 miles, while watching MTV and pretending to be young, single and with no cares in the world! I followed the bike ride up with 1 hour of weight lifting...my very favorite thing to do! And I finished my workout with a 20 minute walk at 4.0 on the treadmill while watching the news, never a good thing to watch while working out! I then returned home and to my children and my very messy house, leaving the fantasy world behind!
Michelle in Oregon   42 years old  - BMI 20.8 - 5' 7" tall and 133 lbs.
married to Fireman John VSG 5/06 @ LapSF  - 6'2" and 190 pounds

I am Thankful for all the Servicemen and Women because

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Earl C.
on 2/24/08 11:14 am - Circleville, OH

Hi Katy, I'm jealous of your weather too. I took Saturday off to recover from Friday's shoveling snow functional training sessions. Sunday 9 pm to 10 pm @ work gym Overhead DB Press (pre warm up) 25# 4 sets x 15 reps 10 min warm up Medium grip floor press Close Grip floor press High Incline Discus flyes Inverted rows Tri Sets (1 arm DB laterals, Rope Pulls to face, Steering wheel front raises) Earl

Jerry West You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.

Rob S.
on 2/24/08 9:16 pm - DE
Ahh good weather, we haven't seen much around here. On Sunday, I ran 6 .5 miles outside.  After the first 1/2 mile I warmed up enough to enjoy the run, but it was hard because you really needed to stay alert for blac****      Sometimes I wonder wy we do this? Rob
Most Active