Kevin - How is it going this week?

MaryS
on 2/25/08 10:12 am - Long Island, NY
Kevin, How are you holding up this week? Are you enjoying the cut back week? Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 2/25/08 10:59 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Hey Mary!!

I was thinking about going to the gym today during my lunch break!! But I've been told I worked too hard to take a chance on injuring myself!! But I can go nice slow run to stay lose and to get rid of some of this energy! I'm reading everything I can about preparing for marathon day and the race!

Oh I signed up for the Disney 1/2 marathon today!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Rob S.
on 2/25/08 9:05 pm - DE
Kevin, Good luck to you.  I can't imagine what the anticipation is like.  I would think a little spinning or jogging would help to keep the nerves from getting frayed.  Keep us posted!  Those mass starts are always amazing. Rob
Kevin A.
on 2/26/08 1:04 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Yea I did'nt get much sleep last night!! I'm going to a run after work!! Maybe it will relax me a bit!!

Thanks again Rob and Mary donation to Aid Project L.A. Also for helping me run a marathon!! I'll be thinking about you and my other friends that help make this dream come true.. I'll have a lot of time to think about it while I run for 26.2 miles!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 2/25/08 11:54 pm - Long Island, NY
Kevin, Yes, you need to be smart this week.  It is hard!  I have to decide about the Disney 1/2 - we really need to figure out what we want to do for vacation this year.  What will the weather be like for the race? Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 2/26/08 1:19 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Yea I know!! One of the ladies in my running group steped on something and now may not be able to run after 6 months of training!!

Last year the weather was very hot!! Maybe one of the hotest days I can remember!! It was about 80 degrees when we started at 6 am!! But I don't think it will happen again this year!!

You can read about that race on my profile!!
kypdurran
on 2/25/08 12:00 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Good luck Kevin.  I found the taper to be mentally more difficult than the actual high training weeks.   It's hard to cut back but I can tell you that it did help me on race day.  

Best of luck man!   You're gonna rock that 26.2!

Kevin A.
on 2/26/08 1:23 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Thanks!! I'll just have to learn to do nothing again!! I should be good at it from all the years of doing nothing but ea****ch T.V. and sleep!!

I'm looking forward to being a marathon man like you!!
kypdurran
on 2/26/08 2:07 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Enjoy every moment of the race Kevin.  The good and the bad times during the course will make that last mile and your eventual crossing over the finish line better than any high any synthetic drug will ever be able to give you.   I can promise you it will be one of the greatest moments of your life!  I'm looking forward to hearing your story and the results. 

Hell I'm still high from the race and it's 2 days later!  :)

Scott William
on 2/26/08 11:28 am
Chad is right.  It is unforgetable.   Mary and Kevin - You guys talking about the Disneyland half.  I guess that I could get an extra medal for having done the Goofy and that one.  I am stupid enough to fly to CA for an extra medal.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active