Monday exercise?

Deanna34
on 2/25/08 11:32 pm - Salem, OR
Hello there all you exercise fanatics!  Time to fess up how much we exercised on Monday! I did my usual 1 hour Group Power weight lifting class and I also ran 3 miles.   Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

MaryS
on 2/25/08 11:52 pm - Long Island, NY
Hi Deanna, I ran 2.6 miles yesterday.  I was a little bit fooled as to how the road conditions would be and there were some icey spots, so it slowed me down some.   Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 2/26/08 12:46 am - DE
I did a one-hour spinning class.  It was frustrating since I had to set-up three bikes before I found one working.  The mechanic at the gym left for greener pastures, and they are looking for a replacement.  So then I did a 3-mile track run.  Also frustrating because you feel like you are always turning.  Oh well, even through all the frustration, I felt good when I finished.  12 days till the Ceasar Rodney Half-Mararthon. Rob
liz A.
on 2/26/08 1:10 am

yesterday I did 40 min elliptical.

sunday I got caught at a birthday party that lasted allllllllll day...so didnt make it to the gym.  does bowling count as exercise????  I guess the beer would counter that, eh?   (I just sipped my brothers.)

Kevin A.
on 2/26/08 1:29 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
If bowling counts I had 4 days in a row of exercise!!!

Nothing on Monday just dreams of finishing my first marathon!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
liz A.
on 2/26/08 2:10 am

it only counts if you get a turkey.  did you GET a turkey????

I did not. 

Kevin A.
on 2/26/08 2:44 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Yea I had many turkey's!! I'm a good bowler!! Sometime!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Deanna34
on 2/26/08 3:18 am - Salem, OR
Hee, hee, Kellee you make me laugh! Of course bowling is exercise!  Beer, not so good!  But a few sips won't hurt ya!   I'm totally not a good bowler ... what the heck is a turkey?  I'm not a very graceful person so a heavy ball, fingers stuck in the ball, a slippery floor ... doesn't make a great combination for me!  I'm probably funny to watch though! Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

Kevin A.
on 2/26/08 3:42 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
How times have changed!!

Turkey
A turkey is bowling lingo for three strikes in a row. Probably, the most famous score for amateur and professional bowlers alike. This is partly due to the fact it has an unusual name, and partly because even a beginner can get one. The term dates back to before the turn of the 20th century. In those years, scoring was much more difficult and to get three strikes in a row was quite an achievement. During Thanksgiving or Christmas week, the proprietor would present a live turkey to the first person on each team who scored three consecutive strikes. The term has carried over ever since.
Deanna34
on 2/26/08 3:45 am - Salem, OR
Well, no wonder I've never heard of it!  I'm lucky if I can get 1 strike during a game!!!   Thanks for the info!!! Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

Most Active