met with exercise guy

liz A.
on 2/28/08 2:40 am
so I met with the exercise guy at my surgeons office today.  He gave me some insight & some more handouts on stretching and was happy to hear of my signing up for the 5k. I expressed my concern of not losing weight, and said I've heard various things that it could be due to:   eating too much, building up muscle, water retention, etc. he said the muscle thing prob really isnt the case, although of course I am strengthening those muscles.  said that could be holding onto water, & that after a few weeks the body gets used to that & lets tha****er go.   I'm also to email him a couple weeks journaling of my eating & he'll meet with the dietitian there & they will generate a plan, but feels that an increase in calories is not required for this level of exercise.  (a 5k training)   I cant even remember what else right now.  I think I'm on information overload.   he said that they have a group of runners (post op people) that meet every so often & will keep me posted on those.    I'm pumped about this training now.    he seemed excited about running  &  that excitement was so contagious....I think thats why I like coming here too.  everyone is seems to be excited about what theyre doing & their accomplishments.   that rocks.
Kevin A.
on 2/28/08 11:12 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Very cool!! Looks like your headed in the right direction!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
liz A.
on 2/28/08 7:40 pm
thanks kevin
Most Active