Friday's Workout!

Scott William
on 2/29/08 12:12 am
Today I did a new core routine because my old one was getting stale and I was losing interest. Also, stretching and chest and tri's I also did my lower body running work which consists of some physical therapy stuff that strengthens the muscles around the knee and the IT band.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Dan_P.
on 2/29/08 5:32 am - Baltimore, MD

Away from swimming and back to BodyPump. 40 minutes and then 3 miles on the eliptical. Ah. Good times.

Deanna34
on 3/1/08 12:38 am - Salem, OR
I did a 1 hour group power weight lifting class.  Then I went back again in the evening and tried the rock climbing wall for the very first time!!!  The first two times up the wall I made it up about 3/4 of the way.  The next two times I made it all the way up and hit the bell!  Then the last time I made it up about 1/2 way and my forearms just gave out on me. It was such a hard workout but it was GREAT and I conquered some major fears and insecurities I had.  It was awesome! Deanna

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

liz A.
on 3/1/08 12:41 am
is that rock thing scary?  I have this height problem.  should have seen me when I was hiking up half dome at yosemite.  at one point I was sooo scared I was actually whimpering.  congrats on doing that!  that is very cool.
Deanna34
on 3/1/08 12:44 am - Salem, OR
Hey Kellee! Yes, I am terrified of heights!  My knees were shaking the first two times up the wall.  And when I got back down, I was still shaking, mostly from fear!  But after that I realized I was going to be okay and I wasn't going to fall. It was amazing how much it helped with my fear of heights!  You should definately try it! Although my forearms are soooooo fatigued today! Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

liz A.
on 3/1/08 12:46 am
does that require more upper body or lower body strength?
Deanna34
on 3/1/08 12:49 am - Salem, OR
Lower body ... they tell you to use your legs as much as possible.  I found myself gripping the hand-holds out of sheer and utter fear and I think that is why my arms hurt so much today!  But I could tell if I used my legs more, it was easier to get up the wall.  It's hard though because the wall is at an incline outwards so it's not like you're going straight up.  And that is what scared the crap out of me ... I felt like I was going to fall backwards!   It was a great learning experience though!  I highly recommend it! Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

liz A.
on 3/1/08 12:43 am
I did 15 min elliptical ran 1.5 miles then 10 min cool down & some ab work. trying to get motivated for today (saturday).  so far I've been lounging around reading and drinking coffee, watching the dogs box. 
Most Active