A big moment for me

Chris Zane
on 3/3/08 9:59 am
I have signed up to do a triathlon (400m swim, 16k bike, 5k run) on June 1st.  I feel pretty comfortable with biking and swimming and did both even before surgery.  However, I have never run at all in my whole life - except maybe in gym class under duress. I've been doing the couch to 5k program for about 5 weeks. So, I signed up for a triathlon training class at the local Y.  The first day we did spinning (kicked my butt) and then running.  I noticed on the schedule for the day that it said 1 mile baseline run.  I thought OMG they are going to make me run a mile today.  I'm going to take forever and probably die. Anyhow, I did it!!!!!! I ran a mile in 11:02.  I could not believe it.  I thought for sure that it would take me at lease 15 minutes.  I did walk a bit, but I feel fantastic.  If that is my starting point,  I am really excited about the possibility of improving on that. Thanks for letting me share.
Sporty Jill
on 3/3/08 10:30 am - Norfolk, VA
THAT'S GREAT!  It's such a GREAT feeling when you challenge yourself and do it, isn't it. WAY TO GO!!!!

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Linn D.
on 3/4/08 4:30 am - Missoula, MT
Very Cool! You'll find you have a lot of those really neat wow moments as you train.  You'll notice the progress and it will just hit you sometimes how far you've come. I also find that I tend to push myself more when I have a specific goal in mind.  I've also signed up for a tri (my first) and am excited to see the progress with the swimming (I'm a very poor swimmer). Keep up the good work, and I think you'll find that completing the race will be something you never forget. Linn
Most Active