Rob - are you ready?

MaryS
on 3/5/08 6:24 am - Long Island, NY
So, are you ready for the half marathon?  Remind me, will this be your first, or have you done a half before?

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 3/5/08 10:14 am - DE
Thanks for the inquiry.  This will be my first half, so I am getting apprehensive.  I have done two tens, but this seems so much longer.  I know the course farily well, and it is has a lot of hills, including a major hill the last mile to the finish line.   I think I'm ready.  I did eight on Saturday, and five on Sunday so now I need to figure out if I can do thirteen in one lump sum.  For Delaware this is a big race, there are 1,400 registered runners and they shut down the course after three hours.  Although my running partner wants me to run it in 2'15", I am just hoping to finish and then get in another race later in the year. Rob
MaryS
on 3/5/08 1:45 pm - Long Island, NY
I'm sure you will go great.  You have done lots of training!  I remember the apprehension before my first half.  The course also closed after 3 hours, so that added some pressure.  It is always scary when you are running a new distance.Best of luck to you! 

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active