Shamrock 8K Race Results

Sporty Jill
on 3/15/08 10:19 pm - Norfolk, VA
Yesterday, I ran in the shamrock 8K.  This was the longest distance I had run in a race situation, so I'm pretty pleased with my results.  My goal was 50 minutes, but I really wasn't sure if that was realistic.  Plus, I was running with my sister who has only been running for a few weeks now. But....the weather was awesome!  A little cool when we started out, but quickly warmed up (or was that me???).  My sister got about 1.5 miles out and started walking...swooing me ahead.  I ran the whole thing without problem. I stayed at a consistent pace, which I was happy about, and here are my results.... Overall Rank: 2631  out of 4920
Chip Time: 52:46.80 
Race Pace: 10:38   
Gun Time: 56:01.60  
Age Ranking: 142 out of 311  
Gender Ranking: 1201 out of 2866 
Pics are posted in my profile album. OH!  And in the pics are Joe Green from here.  He, too, did really well....just a few seconds behind me.

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Scott William
on 3/15/08 11:11 pm
Congrats on a great race.  5,000 people for an 8K is huge.  It's no wonder that it took you 4 minutes to cross the start line.  In my 5K it took 4 seconds.  I checked.  Way to go.  Nice to see Mean Joe out there.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Sporty Jill
on 3/16/08 11:25 am - Norfolk, VA
Thanks!  You guys are SUCH a great inspiration!

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna

kypdurran
on 3/16/08 1:15 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Great job Jill and congrats on an excellent finishing time!

Chad.

Sporty Jill
on 3/16/08 11:26 am - Norfolk, VA
Thanks for the encouragement!  I was really pleased with my time. See ya on the road!

Deanna34
on 3/16/08 4:22 am - Salem, OR
Jill, you totally ROCK!  Great job!!!!!  You did great and had a great time!  I'm proud of you my fellow tough chick! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Sporty Jill
on 3/16/08 11:27 am - Norfolk, VA
Hey Chickie... Thaks for the words of encouragement...you are a great motivator and will keep me pressing on. See ya on the road!

Rob S.
on 3/16/08 7:34 am - DE
Great job, Jill.  That is a lot of people in a race. Sounds like you are getting ready for an awesome season of racing. Rob
Sporty Jill
on 3/16/08 11:29 am - Norfolk, VA
Thanks a bunch..... I think you may be right...this is starting out to be a great racing season already.  I've got the entry forms in hand and have already hit the register me button on 2, so I am on my way...... Thanks so much for the words of encouragement.....

Linn D.
on 3/16/08 8:36 am - Missoula, MT
Very Cool Jill! Nice job! I haven't done a race since the marathon, but if there happens to be a 5K sometime soon, I might.  Thanks for sharing! Linn
Most Active