Heart rate monitor

Shelley L.
on 3/23/08 10:59 am - overland park, KS
I have one that is a wris****ch and it works great, but I'd like to get one that has a chest strap for a continuous reading and then where it would show an average for a workout, max heart rate, etc. I've seen where they also can alarm if your heart rate goes out of range either too high or too low. Anybody have any recommendations or things to look for, where to buy? Thanks
Scott William
on 3/23/08 2:16 pm
I have a Garmin 205 GPS watch.  I love it.  The Garmin 305 comes with the chest strap and HRM.  I did a web search to find the best price for mine.  I love the GPS system.  I am not sure about the heart rate monitor without the gps.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/08 10:53 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
I've been using a Polar F4 for about a year now and I love it.  Unfortunately, I lost the watch part of it at the gym a couple weeks ago and need to replace it.  I think I'm going to replace it with a Polar F11, which has some additional functions that the F4 does not.  (Fitness test, V02 estimator, etc.)  I'm at a point with my workout routines that I need more information in order to continue improving.   Anyway, I've been super happy with the Polar products and would definitely recommend them.   Enjoy your new "toy" when you get it!!! Kellie
Dana H.
on 3/24/08 4:13 am - Elmo, MT

I bought the Polar 3 I think and I love it.  It has enough bells and whistles for me and is easy to use.  Because I spent the money to buy it,  now I actually use it.  Hope to see some great fitness changes for me soon.  I got mine at the sports authority.

Back on Track Dana
preop 316, low post op 166, 200 regain, 189 now, 165 goal
www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ymdana    
kypdurran
on 3/25/08 1:03 am - Baton Rouge, LA

I have a Garmin Forerunner 50 along with the footpod, heart rate monitor chest strap and cycle monitor.   I found the GPS units by Garmin to be a little big to wear all day as a watch so that's why I went with the Forerunner 50.   I love it although I was a little dissapointed when I found out they came out with a similar model that is the same size and has GPS functionality.   You can get the whole package including the cycle sensor, footpod and heart rate monitor for around $250. 

Most Active