thighs

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/08 2:34 pm - Pflugerville, TX
I am 4 months out and work out 5 days a week. My problem is my thighs right above my knees the skin is saggy looking also the inside of my thighs. Does anyone know of a good work out that will help this. I am going to Jamacia in July for my daughters wedding so of course I'll be wearing a swimsuit alot of the time I am there. I would love for my thighs to have tightened up some by then. Thanks , Susan
Scott William
on 3/27/08 9:39 pm
Unfortunately there is only one answer to the saggy skin question.  That is plastic surgery.  There simple isn't any other way to tighten it.  Some people are fortunate that their skin will tighten back up a little as they lose but depending on how big you were, how long you were big and how old you are, you may not be that fortunate. Muscle gain can help a little and this may be one of the areas that you may have some luck.  I would start with a good old fashion leg workout.  I would try some leg press, leg extensions, hamstring curls, lunges, squats (if someone can help you with form) and calf raises. Like I said, the only way to get the skin to stretch is by filling in the area previously occupied by fat with muscle.  Depending on how much fat was there may make it possible or not. Good luck
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
liz A.
on 3/27/08 11:30 pm

omg, I was just looking at my thighs the other day & wanted to cry.  I was "blessed" with the cellulite gene from my mother.    I was looking into plastics for them, but waaaaaay too expensive. 

soooo, I'm going to try toning them to the best of my ability & beyond that learn to accept them "as is". love me....love my saggy cellulite. 

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/08 1:32 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Have to say I agree with Scott on this one.  If you're lucky, the skin on your thighs will have retained some of its elasticity, but I've heard/read that it can take up to a year after weight loss for whatever elasticity you have left to "reassert" itself.   In addition to the lower body exercises Scott suggests, I'd also recommend plie squats - great for the inner thigh muscles, which are difficult to isolate.  And if you want to see a difference in your lower body muscles by July, get cracking, girl!  You can make a lot of progress in 10-12 weeks as long as you're committed and consistent with your workouts.   Good luck, and have a great time at the July wedding in Jamaica!!! Kellie
liz A.
on 3/28/08 1:59 am

I just tried those plie squats.  holy crap.  feel the burn. 

-liz lemon

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/08 5:46 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Yeah, the first time I did plie squats, I had a hard time getting in and out of chairs or going up/down stairs for a few days.  After the 2nd or 3rd time of doing them, I still got sore, but didn't have any problems getting around!   Give those thighs a day of rest or two, then do your routine all over again!  Repeat regularly until July :-)   Kellie
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/08 3:30 am - Albany, OR
My biggest issue with my thighs is that I keep getting a rash where they rub together, regardless of the shorts/pants I wear.  It's not horribly painful, but it's definitely annoying. :(
Scott William
on 3/28/08 4:26 am
I have some serious jiggle going on there.  When I run I use the under armor compression shorts to hold the jiggle in place.  Other than that boxer briefs work for me. Here is a link to the best I could find for women compression shorts.  They are comfortable. http://www.underarmour.com/shop/womens/apparel/pid1001959-Wo men-s-HeatGear-Active-Boy-Short/1001959-001 There are many companies that make them and sporting goods stores sell the stuff also.  You can do better on price for some other brands but I find the under armor brand is really good.  Nike and Champion also make good stuff.  Try a pair.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
liz A.
on 3/28/08 4:50 am
"Here is a link to the best I could find for women compression shorts.  They are comfortable." so....many.....replies....must.....refrain.

-liz lemon

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/08 6:03 am - Albany, OR
Hahaha.  I didn't even notice that.  Now I'm picturing him in little pink under armor shorts with butt ruffles!   Maybe it just makes him feel pretty!
Most Active