Derby Day 5K Results

puddin2day
on 4/5/08 1:07 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Hi Everyone, I finished the Derby Day 5K in 50 mins and 35 secs.  I did the first mile in 17 mins and 30 secs.   That is a lot better then when I walked the 5K at LA Marathon for 59 mins and 56 secs.    I ran as long as I could then I walked.  I should have stuck with my original plan: run -20 secs and walked -2 mins.  The course was beautiful.  I will definitely do this run again next year. Kim

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Sporty Jill
on 4/5/08 11:01 pm - Norfolk, VA
That's GREAT!  You did an AWESOME job.  And doesn't it feel great when we meet out chellenges???

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

puddin2day
on 4/6/08 1:06 am - Los Angeles, CA
Jill,  Thank you so much.  I look forward to improving my time with each 5k that I do.  Even though it took me so long to finish, I felt like I was a winner just for trying.  Kim

Scott William
on 4/5/08 11:35 pm
Way to go Kim.  I'm glad you are already thinking about next year.  Great Job!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
puddin2day
on 4/6/08 1:04 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you Scott.

Angela P.
on 4/6/08 4:31 am - Durham, NC
Hey Kim, I just wandered over to this board for the 1st time since I am still pre-op and needing to get moving again.  Good for you - way to go!!!  I used to run and I SO look forward to doing that again.  I've got one half marathon under my belt and hope to have others.   Doesn't finishing the race just feel wonderful?  Again, congrats on your great showing!

~Angela               Patience + Persistence  = POWER!!   
Angelette to MajorMom      Angel to Blue Rose
and MsPPPants

HW/SW/CW/DGW/GW    305/294/145/167/140    -160 pounds total

puddin2day
on 4/6/08 12:52 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hi AJ, Speaking of half-marathons,  I want to sign up for the Long Beach Half Marathon in October.   You will run more marathons.  I think running is one of those things that never really gets out of your system (exception: a serious injury).   Finishing was a wonderful and awesome feeling. Kim

Linn D.
on 4/6/08 5:08 am - Missoula, MT
Great Job!!! Very happy for you completing your goal.  I think its interesting how we all think about how the NEXT one we do will go better. Keep moving forward, Kim, and know that we are all excited to applaud your progress. Linn
puddin2day
on 4/6/08 12:47 pm - Los Angeles, CA
THank you so much Linn.  My goal is to shave a little time off of each run. Kim

Kevin A.
on 4/6/08 6:46 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Great job Kimmy!! It was great to be apart of your first 5k run!!
This was the first race I ran last year!!

Last year my time was 43:46.

This year offical time was 36:03 but my watch had me at 33:46!!

What a difference a year makes!!!

I also won my race against my running partner again!! I'm the 2 Time Undefeated Undisputed Derby Day Champion!!!

Looking forward to see you at many more races!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active