OK Count me as one of the Crazies

wjoegreen
on 4/7/08 2:24 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Because of all the inspirationals accomplishments of this Group,...  and after doing the UKROPS 10K in the rain last Saturday,....I have taken it to the next level,...today I signed up for my first half marathon; Suntrust in Richmond VA November 15 (a Saturday).  I entered a guesstimated time of 2:15 so I have a goal to work towards. If anyone wants to join me, I'd love the company and added committment.  Otherwise,..you'll have to trust my lone grandiose race recap as truth afterwards. 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
liz A.
on 4/7/08 3:29 am

*adding to my list of crazy*

nice. 

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Rob S.
on 4/7/08 3:47 am - DE
Good luck, Joe.  First the half, then a full, then a 50...  When are going to stop? Rob
Sporty Jill
on 4/7/08 4:30 am - Norfolk, VA

RIGHT ON!!!! You will do SO well!  I think that 2:15 is a great time for you to aspire to......

I'm glad that you finally bit the bullet and did it.   Guess I'll move over ont he crazy bench - hha

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

kypdurran
on 4/7/08 7:44 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Great goal man and more than accomplishable.   You're doing the right thing by signing up months in advance too.  It gives you a definite date to work towards so you know exactly what you have to do and how long you have to do it in.  

Best of luck in your training!  You're gonna do fine.

Chad

wjoegreen
on 4/7/08 12:20 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Thanks for the support. Where is Susan Powder when you need her??...Stop the INSANITY!!!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/7/08 2:52 pm - OH

I have to add to this.... You guys ...and ladies ARE a great inspiration. I don't post here much but I read every day. I stay on track and inspired because I know that you have all been where I am today and I have great hopes of running in a marathon one day. Step by step I move twards that goal. Thanks for all of your accomplishments and what you bring to the forums! Juli

"Your BANDestiny is in your own hands!"
Status: Highest weight 378  Prebanding 299.6 Current Weight 244.2
Scott William
on 4/7/08 11:01 pm
Way to go Joe!  It's no secret that my opinion is to sign up for these things in advance.  It makes you train.  Virginia is only 6 or 7 hours for me so I will check the date.  If I have it off, I will see.  The girlfriend loves overnight trips.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
wjoegreen
on 4/8/08 12:54 am - Colonial Heights, VA
That would be great.  It you can make it, you can save a buck and some stress, if you want to find a place in Colonial Heights or Chester off I-95 or Hopewell/Fort Lee off I-295 and Rt 36 will be cheaper than Richmond and I can pick you up and ride together or you can follow me to Richmond so you don't have to stress with driving in a foreign location.  Let me know after you learn the feasibilty of such.  
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
MaryS
on 4/8/08 1:50 am - Long Island, NY
Joe, Congrats on signing up for your first half marathon - that is great!  I love signing up for races - it is really motivating.  I love to come down and do the race, but hubby doesn't travel well during college football season - I'll have to see if it is an off week for Alabama. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active