bike butt, crotch - LADIES(and gents) HELP

nate2009
on 6/20/11 5:21 am - Lebanon, OH
I had some very distastefull things to say (if that's a word ) but I'll take the high road and keep them to myself ..... it's very hard to resist though.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
acbbrown
on 6/20/11 7:12 am - Granada Hills, CA
But now you've made me curious.....not fair!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sue M.
on 6/20/11 5:40 am - Nantucket, MA
Thanks for all this feedback!

By boyfriend and I are about the same height and weight, so the bike, while set up for him is not WAY off the mark for me (but yes, set up for a man).  I rode with the seat lower than he thought I should, but it was to make me feel more comfortable getting on/off and stopping.  When I get my confidence up, I'm sure I'll consider moving the seat higher.

I am also considering borrowing his sister's bike since perhaps it is set up a little better for me and my lady parts.  I'm nowhere near buying a bike of my own, though if i found the right used one at the right price, maybe I'd consider it.  It's SOOO foreign to me to ride a bike (I never did it much as a kid since I lived at the top of a giant hill and bike riding meant pushing the damn thing uphill at the end) for fun, and I was absolutely petrified to try it.

Anyway, I'm proud that I tried it at all (besides the fear of falling/crashing there's that fear of making a total ass of myself) and I'm hoping to come to enjoy some level of it, even if it's just getting a cruiser and riding on the bike path for fun.  I was expecting some discomfort, but not on my lady parts!  imagine my surprise!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Jillian O.
on 6/20/11 10:07 am - Fort Riley, KS
When I first started riding, I was in a lot of pain "down there". I only ride in tri short, even from day 1. My first ride, it hurt to walk for 4 days after that. I started globbing on the chammie cream. Eventually my girlie parts got.....I guess "broken in" , and now I can ride without pain down there and I don't even need to use cream anymore, right now I ride on average roughly 120 mile a week. I think with a little cream and more riding you will be comfortable.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/20/11 11:41 am - Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, the saddle sores suck. It gets better. Everyone has given great feedback. This is one riders solution...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Michelle E.
on 6/21/11 12:38 pm
Even after taking  a Spin class for several weeks, my private area was very sore bruised feeling. Not a fan of biking that much so I opt for more jogging and weight training.

Michelle
Most Active