Starting back to Running Tomorrow

Michelle E.
on 7/10/11 12:18 pm
So at the doctor's recommendation, she asked me to stop running because my anemia is bad. Well now after not running for 3 weeks, I still feel like crap and my Iron levels with the aggressive supplementation is still tanking.. Well to heck with them and their recommendations, I am running tomorrow. At least, I felt alive running.. and my mental state was a milliion times better...

Wish me luck
acbbrown
on 7/10/11 12:29 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Good luck! Hope you're able to figure out the anemia issue soon!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Michelle E.
on 7/10/11 1:01 pm
Thanks.. much appreciate your support..
Kim S.
on 7/10/11 10:53 pm - Helena, AL
It seems odd they would tell you to stop running unless it was just to reserve energy since anemia makes you feel sooo run down.

I'm with you--listen to your body!!!

Kim

Michelle E.
on 7/10/11 11:36 pm
Doctors are completely nuts! I was/am feeling really tired/fatigue etc but I always seemed to push myself throught it.. you know..Yesterday they had me believing it was my Thyroid. Well, Thyroid came back normal.. My Ferritin is 4.2..normal is above 10 all the other Iron/Red Blood Cell Counts are well below normal.

All I have to say..I am never following a Dr's advice or intuition again.. I am going for my run today and going to use my own intuition.

Michelle
Kim S.
on 7/10/11 11:47 pm - Helena, AL
You know you best.  I don't know how you can run with anemia--when my iron is low it takes all I have to drag my butt out of bed! 

Be safe, listen to your body and good luck with fixing that iron issue!!  That is what scares me the most.....I'm a bit over 2 years post op and so far, all vits have been good, but I was prone to low iron all my life pre-surgery.  Of course, my doctor (knowing my history of low iron) didn't even recommend an iron supplement post surgery....I chose to do that on my own.  I use the Bariatric Advantage chewable iron pills and have religiously since surgery.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and enjoy that run today!!

I'm supposed to run tomorrow, and the heat index here will be around 110 degrees....I'm praying I get one of those afternoon showers to cool things off before I run.  And I complained about running in the cold during the winter!!  I can't wait to need my jacket, hat and gloves again!!

Kim

Most Active