Have you met your WL goal?

redenallen
on 7/13/11 1:36 am
Hey guys!  I was just wondering how many of you avid exercisers have met your weight loss goal?  Are you still trying to lose?  How far are you out from surgery. 

I am a year and four months out and still about 40 pounds away from my goal, and still technically obese.  I am absolutely thrilled with my progress, can run 4 miles, and am more active than I've ever been or ever thought I would be, but not being at "goal" makes me feel like I haven't accomplished everything I set out to do. 

I have been bouncing around the same 5 pounds for the past three months or so and really would love to see the scale move.

I work out 5-6 days a week with about an hour of cardio/hour of strength training each session.  I have noticed that my appetite is really increasing as my workouts become more rigorous. I try and stick to protein first and limit my carbs but don't really track my food...maybe that's where I should start.

Sorry for rambling.. any advice or thoughts????

fatfreemama
on 7/13/11 3:20 am - San Jose, CA
Guess it depends how you define your weight loss goal. I didn't have a set "weight" goal in mind. I wanted to get healthy, get off my meds, be able to be physically active and do whatever I wanted, shop in normal stores... I've accomplished all that and so much more. So as far as I'm concerned, I've met my WLS goals. By the numbers, I'm still obese, but who cares. I'm happy, my doctor is happy and I'm loving life.

Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Brian Wohlgemuth
on 7/13/11 4:16 am - IN
I had a number I setup at my surgery date and hit that last week.

But I'm not done.  I'd like another 20-30 dropped off if possible.

I'm down to a XL shirt (L in some cir****tances) and size 40 jeans.  I know I can hit size 38 with some work and that will be it.

The biggest goal should be NOT PUTTING IT BACK ON!  :-)

HW: 474  OpW: 406  CW: 267            Twitter - @bwohlgemuth, same with FB
-100lbs 08/17/2010      -200lbs 02/28/2011      OpGoal: 07/05/2011  
Abdominoplasty  3/2012

MacMadame
on 7/13/11 4:43 am - Northern, CA
My only weight loss goal was to get to a normal BMI. I figured I'd want to lose more after that but I wasn't sure how much so I had no number goal past that point.

I got to a normal BMI and then some and I attribute exercise and journaling everything as to why. I am not sure I would have gotten here or stayed here without the combination. I no longer journal all my food but it's taken me a while to get to that point.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 11:01 am
ok I will admit im a slacker as of late!!! however I must say I have been an avid workout girl since surgery ( i had rny in 09) and I was told that the best thing to do is to do 15 mins of cardio then do my strength training routine and then finnish of with the rest of my cardio which is usually 45 mins...I was in a huge stall when i was told that and I think I tried everything else so now Im gonna give this a try!!! because I would spend 1 hr onn cardio then hit the weights and that got me nowhere!!!  I struggle with these last 10-15 pounds and they are stuck on my body!!! Now yes i am healthy and yes its all about feeling great but i will say this....We are greedy and i want these last 10 - 15 pounds gone!!!!!! Yes Ive made huge strides but damn it I want it all!!!! So I totally feel your pain and girl Im right there with you dont give up and reach as high as you can and just do it!!!!
Kim S.
on 7/14/11 10:16 am - Helena, AL
I didn't have a set number-- I figured my body would stop when it was done.  And it did--13 months after surgery.  I lost 170 lbs and have maintained it for 15 months so far.  I started exercising 6 months before surgery and haven't missed a beat!  I still work out 6 days a week--it is just a way of life.

Please start journaling--you may very well not be eating enough.....I eat 1,500-1,800 calories per day to maintain....

Kim

Most Active