Help Needed with Toning Legs & Thighs

keywest
on 4/12/12 1:23 pm
I need to tone my legs and thighs badly.  I exercise everyday except for Sunday (sometimes I go walking).  I do Zumba, Cardio Kickboxing, Zuma Total Body Work out and the treadmill.  I am still losing weight slowly but my legs and thighs are so ugly.  I can see they are getting thinner but they are jiggly.  I still see some cellulite.

Is it possible to obtain smooth tight legs and thighs with just exercise or do I have to have another surgery.  Any advice on what exercises I can do to get better looking and toned legs.

HW: 250      SW: 237      CW: 174   Goal: 125     Height: 5'1    Surgery Date: 10/17/11

Carol S.
on 4/12/12 2:07 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 Swimming!  It will fine tune you all over.  How about the couch to 5K program in there too?  My thighs are looking quite good with all the running I do and a few times a week I throw the Tread Climber workout in there too for 30 min to an hour depending on how much I've run or can run (I live on the Oregon Coast so when the rain is coming down in buckets and the wind is blowing at mock 10 I opt for indoors.  Running hills has been the best for my thighs hands down.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

loverofcats
on 4/13/12 1:53 am, edited 4/13/12 1:54 am
In addition to the other suggestions, I would throw in some weight training. Lunges, squats, leg presses and other weight resistance exercise are also great for toning. The exercises will help, but sometimes the excess skin, cannot be helped with anything but surgery. Weight training is great and it has really helped me, and I know that my excess and loose skin would be much worse without it.

Stair Climbers are also helpful and increasing the incline on the treadmill is also helpful. Helped me to get some muscle in my glutes. Spinning or bicycling also helps with firming the legs. It is really hard to get rid of the cellulite completely, but it can be improved upon.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Most Active