weight training help

Jabka
on 3/31/14 11:48 pm

I am 5 weeks since surgery, I have been walking and biking, I am looking for input on weight training . I am waiting to get officially cleared from my surgeon next week. While I had my VSG surgery he did fix a hernia as well, I know my body is still healing and I am not aggressive with weight due to his instructions. I would love to know what everyone's input is, whether or not its a going to the gym or home exercise program

Trudy_29
on 4/9/14 4:13 am

I am almost 5 years out from my WLS.  I just recently joined the gym (something that always intimidated me in the past) with a friend.  I am loving it!  For so long I worried about the expense; I finally just said screw it, I'm joining for me!  I have used the indoor track, the weight room/gym and joined water aerobics class. 

Home exercising is great too, but I find I am enjoying the social atmosphere and getting out of the house!  It doesn't seem as much like work.  And, I find that I'm not getting bored as easily because of the variety of choices at the gym (I joined my local YMCA).  Also, I really wanted to start weight training and it was important to me to do it correctly and again, have access to all the right equipment.

Good Luck!

Trudy

Most Active